THIRTY-TWO

-----------

-----------

AMY HAD ALWAYS BEEN A ROMANTIC PERSON BUT SHE FELT OVERWHELMED BY GODRIC'S QUESTION. "Um... I work as a waitress," she said, but the answer turned out to look more like a question.

Godric only smiled and looked at her wide brown eyes that practically radiated life and its beauty. In his years, Godric had met many bright souls but Amy was the first that made him feel like Eric would be okay. If his progeny was smart enough. "I also write about Eric... It kind of just happened," Amy mused with a small giggle as Godric gazed at her. "I met him and I thought he's very interesting. I guess he is, if you decided to turn him."

Amy then shut her mouth and felt like she spilled too much. "Eric told you how I turned him?" Godric questioned calmly so the girl looked apologetic and nodded so the oldest vampire smiled. "Eric must trust you then."

The girl scoffed and shook her head. "I doubt it. He's a handful, trust me," she felt like she could talk about everything with Godric and that itself felt refreshing. "He has these rules set for me and I did sign them but..."

"What rules?" he asked with a little more seriousness. Amy only sighed and leaned back on the shared armchair. They were close and yet Amy wasn't afraid.

"He forbid me to ask him about his past," she mumbled and as soon as she began to list Eric's prohibitions, she felt better knowing he must have felt the same still. Godric thought otherwise. "Also, if the book was to fail... I take all responsibility which probably means that it will fail and, yay! Courtroom case!"

Godric furrowed his eyebrows so Amy chuckled. "Because I'll be in debt of all the books I spent money on and that didn't sell out, you get it?" she mused playfully so he broke into a small smile. "I don't even know what I'd do with all of the books in my house. I mean, my friends will probably buy some out of pity. I trust Eric and maybe he will buy one. Will you buy it?"

Godric lost his smile and looked away causing Amy to grow confused. "I knew it... It's a lost cause, isn't it?" she then asked but Godric didn't get upset about that. "Eric knows it and you know-"

"It isn't a lost cause, Amy," Godric whispered while shaking his head. His eyes got glossy as Amy stared at him in awe. "Unless you give up, everything is possible. I think Eric is starting to see it too."

Amy wanted to cry and hug Godric as he continued. "You're a bright person. Some would say that such person doesn't fit with vampires but I believe you don't fit with everyone and that's charming to me. You're a good person too, which is rare these days. I've lived a long life, Miss Brennan. If only there were more people like you, I'd have way more faith in humanity."