Chapter Five

I woke up to knocking on my door. I groaned and grabbed my head. I felt like I should have a hangover but I didn't drink anything alcohol related. I sat up from the coach allowing the blanket to fall. I guess Victor placed the blanket on me when I fell asleep. The knocking came again even more impatient than before.

"Ok, ok I am coming just give me a second will you?"

The door all of a sudden whipped open and Victor came in along with the others. He pushed me back down in a lying position. He motioned for the others the grab a seat around me. I glared at him and waited for him to speak. He grabbed a tissue of my coffee table and handed it to me. He then gestured to my nose. I whipped my nose only for blood to show on the white cloth.

"Tayla, is your head still hurting?"

"Yes but not as bad why?"

"You don't remember?"

I looked at Joe and Victor then the others.

"I remember the mission and killing the target then my head starting to hurt around dawn."

"Uh Tayla, honey, that was three days ago."

I looked at Haylee and nodded slowly.

"What happened?"

"Just a lot of screaming really. We honestly thought you were dying. Doc was here the second day. He just smiled and walked out. Didn't give an explanation just said you will be fine."

I smiled.

"He does that."

"Tayla, why are you not freaking out?"

I shrugged not saying anything.

"It is because she still doesn't care. I was the same way. You all remember."

Olivia's smile turned evil before bursting out laughing.

"I think we remember you being a dick because you were this cute little boy with a head full of red hair then you walked in here shooting orders like you owned the place. Then you came up with the system of tally marks."

Victor smiled and looked down at the floor trying to hide a blush from the others. His ears were red signalling he was blushing. I let out a small giggle. The others turned to me shocked and I let another slip.

"What, do I have blood running from my nose again?"

"No you are laughing. We haven't heard you laugh since the... you know."

I smiled and shook my head which made me groan and grab my head as the room went spinning.

"Because I lost my emotion doesn't mean it won't come back. I thought Victor's reaction was cute so I laughed."

The others started laughing.

"Oh Tayla, you not having emotion makes you not have a filter either because you before would be just as red as your hair."

Everyone laughed along Joe and I smiled and joined in.

"Yeah and before I would never have red hair. Just the long blonde hair and now it is a pixie cut and bright red."

"Yeah when you walked in I was curious about that. Did the doc dye your hair or did the experiment do that."

"The injections. It rearranged my DNA order so I guess it caused my hair color to change."

"I think it is cute."

Everyone turned to AJ who shrugged.

"Hey I didn't like confess my feelings to her. You all know I am homosexual right?"