Beautifully Broken

It was him... Johnny Orlando, standing on the other side of the balcony.

K: Hey. What are you doing up here?

J: Dances aren't really my thing.

K: Well here you are. You smoke?

J: Sometimes.

K: Well you got an extra?

J: You smoke?!

K: Yeah just to take the edge off.

J: Uh yeah here.

Johnny's POV

When she lit her cigarette, and took a puff, she looked so relaxed, I finally realized why  every guy was crazy for her. She was... incredibly attractive, tan skin glowing under the moon, her long locks of light brown hair draped over her shoulders. My heart skipped a beat. Staring at her was addicting. 

K: Why don't you take a picture, it'll last longer.

J: I wasn't staring...

K: I didn't say you were. Relax I'm messing with you. 

He scanned me from head to toe, it made my instantly nervous.

J: So what's your story?

K: What?

J: That conversation with the officer a few days ago.

K: Ah you remembered. 

J: You're parents... 

K: ...

J: Hey if you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to. 

K: My parents were killed.

J: I'm so sorry. Can I ask how?

It wasn't a story I ever shared with anyone, because no one ever dared to ask me about it.But Johnny, he was different, something about him made me want to tell him everything. 

K: You up for a story?

J: Yeah.

K: Well... 

Kenzie Narrator

A few years back... Let's start with my dad, successful businessman named Lukas Ziegler. He owned a ton of companies world wide, his work life was the most important thing to him at the time. At the time, he was 26 years old. No relationships, he prioritized work over anything. That was until...

?: Mr Ziegler, may I come in, I'm your new assistant?

Lukas: Come in.

?: Good morning sir, I brought your coffee. 

L: You can set it-

?: Mr Ziegler is everything okay?

L: Uh yes, I think I just caught something in my throat. 

His assistant. Alexis Nightly. 25 years old. And just hired at his assistant. She got the job to start a new life. My dad always told me she was the kindest, most beautiful, smartest woman he's ever met. My dad was completely love struck and made up every dumb excuse to see her. Time went by, they got a lot closer, even went on some dates. They were best friends, an unstoppable duo. Well they had their moments, and their mistakes.

Alexis: Lukas... I'm pregnant. I didn't know how to tell you, we're still young, I thought you might leave me...

L: Are you kidding, this... this is amazing... I would never leave you, I love you. Having this child is all i've ever wanted with you.