Episode 1 - A Stranger's Kiss

*Year 2015*

*Snow*

•••

   I brushed up my hair as I applied some hair products to hold them up. I breathed out heavily putting down the comb in place after my hair was done as I looked back up in the mirror.

   In ordinary days I would appreciate the soft friction of fabric of my suit against my skin. The tightness of the tie on my neck that usually brought a sense of security and confidence, and the soft clicking of my dress shoes with my every step creating a calming melody in my head.

   In ordinary days, but not today.

   For years I've learnt to set aside whatever I wanted, including whatever I felt or what would I feel. Putting my family first before myself had become a second nature of mine.

   There was nothing else important to me but my family's welfare. But I couldn't say that my happiness was taken away from me, because my happiness was my family. Mom, Dad, and Sky.

   I smiled as genuinely as I could when I saw Sky enter the room.

   "What's with the face?" I smiled and gestured for him to the seat beside me.

   I pulled my chair closer to his and held his hands.

   "Are you sure you don't wanna up and leave? May oras pa." He frowned, a crease forming in between his brows.

   I tightened up his loose tie as I gave him a reassuring smile. Sky was not a fan of suits, but today he must wear one.

   I couldn't recall when was the last time he wore a suit. And only now I remembered how dashing he looked in his royal blue suit. And that adorable pout only made him look more attractive.

   "I got this, Sky. Don't worry about me."

   Silence passed as I continued drawing circles on the back of his hand, hoping that I somehow gave him comfort though I was the one who needed it most now. This was not the time that I should show weakness or uncertainty. If there was one person that should take our father's place, it was me. And I wouldn' t let Sky do it.

   He sighed heavily as if he would choke if he didn't, frustration was evident all over his demeanor.

   "This is Dad's fault!" He exclaimed throwing his hands into the air.

   "Don't say that, Sky."

   "But it's the truth! If he didn't spend all our money in gambling, nothing like this would've ever happened. He didn't even have the balls to take responsibility for his actions, or inactions for this matter, that he even had to--." He choked.

   I smiled bitterly, biting my lips because he was right. But this wasn't the time to regret over the past. There was still a way.

   "Sky, listen to me. I know you're upset with everything that happened--."

   "I'm beyond upset. I'm furious!"

   "I know. And I understand. But we've already talked about it, right? Dad made a mistake--."

   "Which cost you your freedom." He whispered as he looked at me with utter loneliness in his eyes.

   I sighed shaking my head. "You know Dad had been a good father to us, right?" I continued when he stayed silent. "He was a good husband to mom, a good provider, a good man. I know you're just upset with the whole sitution and I won't blame you for that. But, look at the brighter side, Sky. Our company stays in our name. The company that mom and dad worked very hard for. That's what's important."