Episode 10 - Becoming A Family

*Snow*

•••

   When Mike said he wanted to have a biological baby, I didn't expect it to be this soon.

   We flew to Russia and spent a whole month finding the most sophisticated surrogacy agency that would fit Mikhail and I's preference in having a perfect surrogate mother.

   During the conception of the baby, Mikhail and I attended several parenting classes and seminars. Which Mike wasn't too fond of.

   He said he could take care of the baby without having someone to teach him how.

   For all I knew, he only wanted to spend our time wandering around beautiful places in Moscow and nearby regions.

   I liked that, too. There was a lot of sights to see, especially the St. Petersburg and Red Square. Lakes and islands were so inviting, too. And the lake that I loved the most was Lake Kardyvach. It was a lake between three mountain tops and alpine meadows.

   Ugh. So beautiful.

   But we had to learn, at least the basics, the do's and don't's in taking care of an infant. Also the things parents were supposed to do as the child grew up.

   We also had to undergo some councelling to see if we were mentally and emotionally ready to raise a child. Also, if we were capable of providing the needs of the child, financially. And I was very glad that they found us fit.

   It was a lot of work, yes, but I knew it would be all worth it.

   "I want you to name him, Cloud or Winter. You know, because snow shows in winter, and clouds are in the sky, which is my name, so it's kinda makes sense. And if it's a girl, Summeria. Mom's name is Victoria, they rhyme, and it's also a part of nature." Sky chirped excitedly while sitting up in the bed, putting a pillow on his lap.

   Mike huffed loudly from beside me while tapping on his phone. His back was propped up on two pillows against the headboard of the bed.

   "Are you saying something, old man?" Sky raised a brow and adjusted his camera.

   "Excuse me. In case you're forgetting, my dear little brother-in-law," Mike looked up from his phone to the laptop screen. "I'd like to remind you that I am the biological father of the baby." He then turned to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "We'll have your DNA for our second child, babe, I promise." He then again turned to the camera. "And I have all the rights to name my child. Snow and I's child." He smirked.

   "Well, I'm just suggesting." Sky rolled his eyes.

   "Tss. And your suggestions don't count me in. Besides, I don't like the names you mentioned. I want something that sounds like my name. Like, Mitchell, if it's a boy, if it's a girl, Michaela."

   Sky burst out into laughter that made Mike's brows furrow.

   "Those names are so common. So old school, like you."

   "Sky, stop teasing Mike. He's not old." I scolded Sky, but failing to hide the smile on the corner of my lips.

   Mike glared at me.

   "What? I'm defending you."

   "It doesn't look like it based on your grin."

   "Because, it's true, you're old." Sky sniggered as he adjusted his computer and laid down again.

   "Tss. I'm not. Your brother knows I'm not old in any aspect, especially in bed." Mike bit his lips, looking at me with a naughty glint in his eyes.