Episode 17 - Tears

*Mikhail*

•••

   He left us.

   Snow left us.

   I didn't want to think he did, but it was all I could think of.

   And I was so f*cking afraid to think that something bad might happen to him now that he was alone.

   I pushed the thought out of my head. It wasn't gonna help the situation. I needed to be optimistic for both Snow and Misha as their protector.

   I needed to be strong even though I felt so weak without Snow by my side.

   I put Misha down the bed carefully. His arms automatically gripped onto my shirt as though he was afraid to let go even he was in his sleep.

   I patted his thighs to put him back to sleep and let him bury his face on my shirt.

   He was hurting. I could see it. I could feel it.

   But I couldn't bring myself to get angry with Snow that he left without even a word.

   I was mad at myself.

   I was the one who did all of this.

   I was the one that caused this mess in our family. And I couldn't forgive myself until Snow came to forgive me.

   I furiously wiped a tear on my cheek and extended my hand over the bedside table, reaching for Snow's phone.

   Maybe there was something in here that would lead me to him. A clue or something. Anything.

   I opened the messages, there was nothing there but ordinary conversation with Sky and Vicky from the past days.

   I went through his social media and checked everything out. E-mails, his friends' messages, Sky's, Vicky's. But nothing was unusual, until I stumbled upon his call history.

   The last call he had was with Sky.

   My heart skipped a beat, closely looking at the time.

   It was just earlier today. And I was sure we were still asleep when he received the call.

   My heart pumped up inside my chest with the idea that he was in Missouri, even though I wasn't sure of it yet.

   I had a lead!

   I didn't know why, but, I was happy knowing he might be in Missouri. I had no idea why he came back home but just the thought of finding him there gave me a sliver of hope.

   With that in mind, I carefully crawled out of bed and got up slowly. I walked over the other side of the bed and silently pulled the drawer open.

   And there broke a smile on my face for the very first time in forever since everything got f*cked up.

   Snow's passport was missing.

   He was in Missouri! Now I was sure of that.

   He never left the house, how much more this county? And he was never the type of person that went from places to places just for leisure.