Episode 6 - Completely

*Snow*

•••

   Mikhail had been true to his words. For the past days he never touched me inappropriately. He would even ask first for permission before hugging or giving me a kiss. He even looked unease when he kissed me without my consent.

   And though as much as I wanted to prolong the silent treatment I was giving him, I could not. He had been a true gentleman ever since I told him what I felt for him for what he did. He seemed determined about what he said that he would wipe the hatred in my heart away. That he would make me love him.

   And I was beginning to feel scared at the thought of falling in love, because it was something that no one could escape from. The very thing no man could win against. And I could get hurt, for love did not just come along with happiness, but also tears and pain. Married or not, as long as you loved someone.

   And it didn't help that Mikhail was never showing me things I didn't like. I didn't mean that he was being a wolf in sheep's clothing. Because I could see he was being genuine. And I liked this part of him.

   I liked the way he cared for me as though I was a very special person for him. The way he tucked me into bed, kissing my forehead a goodnight. Every night.

   The way he would smile at me every time I walked in on him in the kitchen preparing breakfast. The way his gentle hands touched my face whenever he talked to me telling me sweet-nothings until I'd fall asleep.

   I liked the way he looked at me and how he paid his full attention to even just a single word I said. I liked how he showed me how much he cared for me.

   I was coming to terms of completely accepting his apologies and let us start over. We were husbands afterall. We would be spending our lifetime together. And a family that never talked to each other was not something I grew up to.

   Family. Mike was my family now. Well, an addition to my family, but still he was family.

   Wait. If he was my husband, then we would become parents which meant we would have children. Right? I don't know but, somehow, the idea pumped me up. Maybe because I didn't have a baby brother? Anyhow, I wanted to know what Mike thought about it.

   "Mike."

   He was holding a book, getting lost in his own world.

   I noticed he loved to read. Which was kind of attractive. At least for me. And I must admit to myself that he looked even more attractive with his glasses on.

   I looked away and focused on the matter that was on my mind.

   He put the book down the bedside table and took his glasses off.

   "Yes, babe?"

   His eyes were focused on me as if telling me that I got his full attention. God, why must he look so handsome and innocent at the same time?

   I bit my lips as I sat up and leaned back on the heardboard of the bed and thought things through for a moment.

   "Uhm. I was thinking, it's not that I'm eager or insinuating anything, because I know that it's too early to talk about this. Also it would be a big step in our marriage. Like, there would be a lot of change, like, in your daily routine, as well as mine. I mean, you know, you work, and I'm going to work, too--."

   "No. You're not going to have a job. The only job you can have is to stay at home and wait for me at the end of the day. Massage my stiff shoulders, shower me with soft kisses, cuddle with me 'til we fall asleep, and many other stuffs that do not require you working outside. That's it. End of discussion."