Episode 14 - Past Acqauintances

*Mikhail*

•••

   Snow laid Misha down between me and him. He hummed a little to put Misha back to sleep when he stirred.

   Misha turned his back on me and wrapped his little arm around Snow's body as he buried his face against the fabric of his shirt, breathing in content when he sniffed my husband's familiar scent.

   Snow's scent was comforting for some reason.

   He smelled like home.

   He felt like home.

   And I could see why Misha always sought for his scent in bedtime.

   Because it was also what put me into a very comfortable sleep, my husband's natural sweet smell.

   No matter how tired I got from a day's work, all I had to do was cuddle my husband and bathe in his scent and all of my stress would disappear in no time.

   He was like an oasis in the middle of a desert.

   But I couldn't be completely happy, knowing that one day he would learn about Georgie and every story that came along with his memories.

   I was afraid. So afraid that he would turn his back on me once he knew everything. I wanted to just tell him, but telling him about my secret that I'd kept for years wasn't that easy.

   I wished it was.

   I wished he wouldn't get hurt, but surely he would. And I couldn't take that. I could never see him hurt because of me.

   I wished my heart did not betray me, but it did.

   I thought I planned everything out quite perfect. I thought I could control everything and that it would all go the way I wanted it to be.

   But my heart had to be treacherous. It betrayed every single plan I'd laid down the table and destroyed my every will to avenge my brother.

   For the past years, Snow had become my rock. He brightened up every single day of my life.

   He mended my heart that had been broken when I lost Georgie.

   He made me feel loved.

   He treasured me.

   And never had I thought that I would fall this hard for one person that losing him felt like my world would be devoid of color.

   Devoid of emotion.

   Devoid of life.

   Now, all I felt was guilt and fear.

   Guilt, for making him believe in something so unreal.

   And fear of losing the love of my life that was Snow.

•••

*Snow*

   I glanced at Mike to see him staring at me. He scooted closer to Misha and put his arm on my waist.