Kabanata 12

Kisses

Woah. Oh my Gosh. Woah. Oh My Gosh. 

Paulit ulit kong sinasabi yun and is screaming deep inside while I am being introduced to everyone around me. This is real. Their family's really THAT big. Pangilinan's are very welcoming. Grabe talaga. Simula palang nung sinundo nila ako sa bahay hanggang sa makarating kami dito, they never left me alone. 

Ang gulo. Pero ang saya. Ella and Hannah are accompanying me everywhere they go. Si Solana naman nakipaglaro na sa mga bata din nilang mga pinsan. We have met several of their cousins including Ate KC and I really really love her! She was so warm and beautiful. She is regal in every way that she is. 

"Ate KC! We would like you to meet Kisses."pakilala ni Ella sa akin kay Ate KC, "She's is Donny's uhmmm.." patuloy na sabi ni Ella, "Friend?"tapos tumawa sila

"Hi Kisses! Welcome to the Pangilinans!"sabi niya and hugged me, it was really overwhelming, and obviously they can see it in me because I was smiling all the time!

"Hello po Ate! I have seen your travel vlog when you were still in Paris for your fashion school and I swear you are my inspiration for being so care free and at the same time a good role model for us, youth!" I told her excitedly, she giggled.

"Wow! Such a sweet girl. Sigurado ba si Donny na magkaibigan lang kayo?"tanong niya sa akin and wiggled her brows at Ella and Hannah, and then she looked for Donny which she found na nasa may likuran ko lang at kausap yung mga lalake nilang pinsan. "Donato! Come here!"tawag niya kay Donny, natawa naman ako sa Donato

"Ate."sabi niya and pumunta sa amin, "Obviously, you two already met!"sabi ni Donny na papalit palit ang tingin sa aming dalawa

"Hindi mo pa ba girlfriend to?"straightforward namang tanong ni Ate KC sa kanya, nailing siya at natawa, "Naku Donato! Ang bagal mo naman! Oh siya, let her meet the rest of the family na."sabing ganun sa kanya ni Ate. 

Donny looked at me and checked if im still fine. Inasar siya ni Hannah na grabe daw siyang makatingin at parang inalipusta naman daw ako ng dalawa niyang kapatid. 

We all just laughed at it. 

Donny

Hannah and Ella are still with Kisses mingling with our other cousins. Nakikita kong enjoy na enjoy silang nagkukwentuhan nila Miel, Frankie, Mika and the other girls nang kung ano-ano lang. Make ups, concerts, music, school, books, travel and etc. Nakikita ko din minsan na niyayakap bigla ng mga pinsan kong babae si Kisses. Maybe they've seen how adorable she is. Nakilala na rin niya yung iba kong mga lalakeng pinsan including sila Kuya Gab at Kuya Paolo which non-stopped teased us for her being here. 

"Hay nako Gabriel and Pao! Stop teasing them na nga. Para niyo namang hindi pinagdaanan yan."sabing ganun ni Daddy sa kanilang dalawa, "Mabuti pa let us all gather around for tonight's celebration!"dagdag ni Daddy kaya naman we all gathered in place. Syempre, hindi agad agad, yung mga Mommy's busy pa kakachika dun sa kabilang side kaya matagal tagal na tawagan pa yung nangyari.

"First of all, before I let Kiko and Sharon speak up about KC leaving us for a while, I would like to get this opportunity to let everyone now that I am happy seeing you all today." everyone was listening attentively to dad. I saw Tito Kiko and Tita Sharon held hands, how my Dad clinged his arms around my mom. Tito Gary and Tita Angelie also is together on the other end. And then I looked at Kisses beside me and she was really listening, tumatango tango pa. 

I was tempted to do something. Like hold her hand or just maybe tuck in the hair that fell on her face. But I was too shy to do so. Or maybe I am afraid. 

"My family, Maricel and my five children is very happy that we have a very special visitor that came with us here today. Alam kong yung iba sa inyo has already met her," and then dad looked at Kisses, everyone was also looking at her, looking really really excited. And then I saw Kisses being shy, again. "She is Donny's "friend"," Dad quoted in the air, and everyone laughs, nayuko naman ako sa hiya, "Her name is Kisses, Delavin's only daughter. She's not knew to you I know but I would still like all of you to welcome her in the family. Makikigulo at makikisaya lang daw siya sa atin." sabay tawa naman ni Daddy, the Mommy's welcomed Kisses as she kisses them one by one. Nagmano rin siya sa mga Tito ko which made them really fond of her already. 

Pangilinans cousins were all cheering. Which made my heart flutter. This is what I love about my family, they are always welcoming to other people and is very genuine. Maybe that's the reason why we are really growing.

"Welcome to the family my dear Kisses!" sabing ganun ni Tita Sharon and hugged her very tightly, "I know your daddy for a veryyyy long time! And I love it that they brought you here because I know that you are raised well by my kumpare and kumare." Kisses almost has no words to say with the overwhelming welcome she gets from my family. 

The party went on. Everyone was having fun, I can see. Nakasunod padin yung mga tingin ko kay Kisses. Checking her from time to time if she's doing okay. One time she saw me looking at her, I asked her on a hand signal if she's okay and she replied with a smile and a thumbs up. 

A lot of things has happened tonight. And I am sure that this one is for the books. But the highlight of the night is when I finally get to talk to Kisses alone. 

"Donny." tawag niya sa akin, nakaupo lang ako dun sa may round table, kasama yung ibang pinsan ko at nagku kuwentuhan lang ng kung anu-ano. 

"Yes Kisses?" tanong ko sa kanya at tumayo, ngumiti siya, "Are you tired?" tanong ko sa kanya

"Hmm. Medyo, pero okay pa naman. Ang saya nga eh." sagot niya

"Gusto mong lumabas muna at magpahangin?" tanong ko sa kanya and pointed the lanay area of the house, tumango naman sya, we excused ourselves sa mga pinsan ko and they happily agreed on it. 

I walked Kisses to the lanay and we sat there together. Na hindi naririnig yung ingay sa loob. Kisses breathed in and out saka siya tumingin sa akin. 

"Thank you for this Donny." sabi niyang ganun, "This is my first time experiencing as big as this kind of family gathering." dagdag niya pa

"Are you happy?" tanong ko sa kanya, "Sorry ah. Ang kululit nang family ko. No Girlfriend Since Birth ako eh kaya ganun, naghahanap na din sila." pag eexplain ko sa kanya

"Hindi okay lang. Ang saya talaga. Grabe. How could I ever forget this on my entire life?" sabi niyang ganun feeling so surreal. She bit her lip for a while. And then she went up to me and hugged me on the side. 

Nagulat ako. Nanghina. Kinabahan. 

Holy Donuts. 

My heart skipped a beat. 

Tapos ilang segundo lang, bumitaw na siya. "You made me happy Donny." sabi niyang ganun. Hindi ko alam kung paano nangyari yun pero natanong ko sa sarili ko kung nasa langit na ba ako?

Lord, nasa langit na ba ako?

"You make me happy. This is just a dream the other day, and now, that dream came true. Kahit ngayon lang to. Temporary lang, atleast naranasan ko how it feels to be part of a big, crazy, fun, loving family." patuloy niyang sabi

"You're welcome Kisses. And you are always welcome sa family namin." sabi kong ganun sa kanya, "You are already part of the family. Everyone loves it that you are here!" dagdag kong sabi sa kanya

"Thank you. I really appreciate it." tumango lang ako sa kanya, "I'm happy that I'm with you today."

Ilang minuto pa kaming natahimik saka nagkwentuhan ulit when Tito Gary went to us. 

"Sorry to interrupt you lovebirds but it's time for our family picture."

I saw how Kisses' eyes shined, and how she smiled so brightly. I can see that she's excited with this. I am too. I've never been this excited my whole Pangilinan life. 

Hindi ko lang nga maintindihan kung saan ako mas na excite. Is it in the lovebird part? or the family picture with Kisses?