Kabanata 37

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

3 months too long! Sorryyyyy tagal bago maka update, so many good things and the bad ones has happened, I passed the comprehensive exams for masters, I supervised a symposium for the environment, I was a camp director for 400 participants, I was all over August and September, and Thank God for all of it! I'm back for an update! I hope you guys enjoy this!

Donny

Two weeks passed but Kisses was still in LA. And I miss her so much. But I have to understand because her family needs her, too. We always talk but it's a little different. I see her when she's too sleepy already or baliktad.

"Love, hindi ka pa uuwi?" tanong ko sa kanya once that we facetimed.

"Hmm. Hindi ko pa alam love eh." Sagot niya sa akin

"Enrolment na in a week time, love. I miss you. I hope that you are happy out there kahit may sakit si Tita." Sabi ko sa kanya

"Loooooove. I miss you." Sabi niyang ganun, nagpapa cute. Kita kong antok na antok na siya pero kinakausap padin naman ako

"Me too. You don't know how my heart misses you, Kisses. Mababaliw na yata ako dito na wala ka." I frustratingly told her, she just smiled at tumango,

"I'll be home, love. don't worry. Just give me a little more time with mom." She looked so sad while she told me that.

"I wanna hug you." I told her,

"You can. Come." She says while opening her arms like we were just an inch apart were in fact we are miles and miles away from each other.

Few more minutes, hindi na namalayan ni Kisses na nakatulog na siya. I was just watching her fall asleep while I was also contemplating on what to do next. Solana, on the other hand, went up to me, sitting on my lap while she was also watching Kisses sleep while our videochat was still on the line.

"Kuya..." the little girl called me, I looked at her, "I miss mama Kiss. Is she coming back already?" she asks suddenly,

"Hmm. Me too, Sola. But Mama Kiss is still with her parents because they needed her to be there." I was trying to explain to her

"But I miss her..." the little girl insists,

"I know. I know." Sabi ko nalang as I agree with her, "But you know what, maybe we can make a love letter for mama Kiss for her to come home soon?"

"I like that Kuya!" bigla syang naging masaya, she stood up and faced me happily, "I'm going to my room and make mama Kiss a love letter!" hindi ko pa man sya nasasagot, she ran so fast all I could do was smile.

I was again alone at our garden. I was badly missing Kisses again. Before I put off the video call, I took a peek at her once more and sent her a kiss. I dialed Kuya RJ's number. I know it's a little bit too late in their place but I just want to talk to him and ask him another favor.

"Kuys."

"Oh, Donny. Grabe naman. What time is it in here? Magpatulog ka naman!"

"Sorry na. I can't wait to tell you this until tomorrow. Sige naaaaaaaaaaa."

"O, anon a naman bay an, lover boy?"

"Kuya, can you come to Kisses house tomorrow? Send her a care package for me? A customized one? I'll send you the things that'd be included. I promise, I'd pay you whatever you want!"

"ugh. Pakakasalan mon a ba to?"

"Huh?"

"Dons, I'm asking you if this is gonna be the one you're marrying. Because if not, I won't waste my time with your ka cornihan."