Chapter 1: History

Once upon a time, the Earth was full of demons. They would come to eat humans everyday. It is a game of hide-and-seek. The humans cannot fight them because they lack the power they have, magic.

But, one faithful day, a magical stone was found. It contains a very powerful aura that even the humans sensed it. 16 humans found the stone and it's power was transfered to them.

Together, the 16 magical humans protected all surviving humans and gathering them to an island. With all their power, the 16 powerful humans created a barrier no demons can break.

But, demons crave for magic. The more magic they have, the more power they earn. They wanted the 16 humans. Ever since, the demons tried to break the barrier but it was no good. The stronger the aura, the harder the demons will try to break in.

Inside the barrier rests 4 kingdoms. Diamonds, Hearts, Clubs, and Spades. The 16 magical people appointed Kings, Queens, and Jacks to rule each kingdom. The King and Queen of each kingdom will pick their Ace. The monarchies were granted magical powers too. Each time the monarchs die, a new generation arrived.

The cycle goes on. But, one day, war broke out between 2 nations. The Clubs wanted the land of Spades. Spades was full of magic and they wanted it.

The war was painful. Many soldiers died. But, a Joker was born. His name is Gilbert. He can see the clear past and be able to describe it.

The war ended with Clubs losing the battle. The four nations then decided to have a Peace Treaty. From there the 4 kingdoms rested peacfully.

The 16 humans were officially called the Grand Councils. The Grand Council realized that they cannot be in position forever since the stone's magic is weakening. They need to appoint new Grand Council members.

Then, a new rule was created. For every 3 generations, 4 powerful magic holders in each kingdom will be the new Grand Council.

Back to the Joker called Gilbert. He is a joker that can see the past clearly. He lives with the Grand Council members in The Center. The Center is a place surrounded by healing water.

Since Gilbert was created by powerful magic, once he reached age 18, he will no longer age. He learned to control his magic with the help of the Grand Council members.

Thr Grand Council members soon realized that if a child was created by powerful magic, they can be powerful enough to destroy the barrier.

So, when a Grand Council member got a child, either by normal reproduction or by magic, he or she will be killed.

After a couple more generations, the Grand Council became tired of picking new monarchs so they told the King and Queens to create a child using magic. If that child survives, they will be the new King and they must find a Queen for themselves. Creating a child by magic is not allowed on citizens. Only the King and Queen must do this. Since creating a child is by magic, this means that the King and Queen can be on the same gender now. All kingdoms agreed on this. They all seem kinda happy.

The kingdoms continued to expand and grow. All citizens have aquired magic through training. Of course, some of their magic can be greater than the monarchies either because of a genetic malfunction or through harsh training.

The new Kings and Queens won't also age when they reached 18 because they are made of magic. If the Grand Council members sees that they aren't ruling their kingdom well, the King, Queen, and Jack will be executed.

The 4 kingdoms ruled peacfully... until...

A new Clubs King ruled. He isn't your typical king. He is a king that want everything, even if it means war.

He prepared his military and navy and waited for the right time. His plan is to defeat the kingdom of Hearts first because they have the most powerful healing magic. Then the Diamonds. And lastly, the Spades.

During the battle, Hearts and Diamonds fell. The battle of Spades and Clubs began. This time, the Grand Council helped stop the King. Due to having a large amount of magic like this, a powerful storm came.

A storm comes when someone uses a powerful magic, causing the demons to break into the barrier even more.

The Grand Council need to act fast or else the barrier might be broken. So, the killed the King of Clubs.

The Queen and Jack went through a harsh trial. In the end, the monarchs of Clubs was sentenced to death.

A new Joker was created. His name is Peter. He can see the future but only for a limited time. The Grand Council adopted him and trained him. But, they noticed that when he reached the age 12, he didn't grow anymore. Peter soon told the Grand Council that they need to tell the monarchs to lock their child inside their castle until they reached 13. A child cannot control his magic when he is still immature. The oldest age that someone can control their magic is 13.

The Grand Council was glad that a new Joker was born. Peter tells them if there are casualties in the future and if there are, the monarchs will be executed and the Prince will become King.

3 generations after the second war came. This is your generation. This is the generation that you will rule someday. Spades, the kingdom with the most powerful magic, will be yours one day. Starting tomorrow, you will explore the kingdom.

Be a good leader, Alfred.

"Our mom used to tell that to me a lot."

"Yeah... well I guess we'll be turning 13 two days from now."

"Well... aren't you excited? We're finally be out of this boring place and get some sunlight!"

"I'd rather drink coffee and eat pancakes with maple syrup in it."

"You haven't grown a bit."

"I can say the same to you."

"Well, mom might get angry if she sees us still awake at this time."

"Yeah... good night Alfred, king of Spades."

"Good night to you too, Matthew, ace of Spades."

"I told you not to call me that."

"I told the same thing to you."

Btw... Canada's human name will be changed to Matthew Williams F. Jones.