Chapter 21: Arthur's Cooking

"Arthur!" He exclaimed as soon as he opened the door in the kitchen. The sink was literally on fire even if the water is still running. "Yao get more water!" Alfred instructed Yao once he noticed him.

Meanwhile, Arthur was holding his arms in pain. It was burning even more. "Shit shit shit." Arthur cursed as he held his arms tighter.

"Yao! Faster!" Alfred exclaimed. "Aiyaah! Get this you fire!" Yao yelled as he grabbed a pail of water and tried to remove the fire.

Alfred also used his magic to help Yao as he assisted Arthur. Thankfully the fire was put out in less than 5 minutes.

Arthur was rushed to the infirmary. Alfred first went then Yao, followed by Lukas and Emil.

Lukas looked at Arthur's arms. "Why did this happen?" He asked the King. "There was a fire on the kitchen." Alfred replied.

Once Arthur got the energy to talk, which didn't take that long, Alfred went to him. "So... how did this happen?" Alfred asked the 2 afterwards. "I... tried to make a coffee." Arthur said as his face turned bright red. "So? Everyone can make a coffee, even the worst of the worst. As long as they try." Alfred told them.

"So you let him make a coffee?" Lukas and Emil asked them in unison. "Yes, why? Is there something wrong?" Alfred asked them.

"He can't prepare any food, especially cooking. No matter what you teach him. Even if it is scientifically impossible, he will set the food on fire." Lukas informed them. "I'm sorry..." Arthur muttered silently, the only people who heard him are Lukas and Emil who were right beside him.

Lukas glanced at Arthur's arm. "Your arm isn't yet fully healed and then you burned yourself literally... are you trying to kill yourself?" He asked. Arthur tried to avoid eye contact.

"Stop being like that... I already told you, right?" He asked. "I told you to stay out of the kitchen or any other places with cooking materials." Lukas told him.

"It wasn't my fault. The stupid King asked me to make his coffee." Arthur replied. "So it was your fault he was hurt." Lukas glared at the King.

Lukas soon glared deadly at the King. "L-look! I didn't know! I won't even ask him to do it if I know that he can't cook!" Alfred exclaimed. "Just don't let him near a kitchen." Lukas sighed.

"But..." Emil began. "I never really expected Arthur's wounds to be worse." He said. "If only you didn't capture us... none of this would happen." Lukas added.

"It's not our fault you were caught. You were always stealing food supplies from the kingdom." Yao replied. "And is that our fault?" Emil asked. "Sort of..." Yao answered.

"So what you're basically telling us is to go and ask for some food in a kingdom that believes in The Church of the Council Guardians?" Arthur asked. "They... the church... they planned to kill all of us... and do you think we can get out alive once we walk peacefully around the kingdom?!"

Arthur began to cry. "They killed our family! Do you expect us to forgive them?! And now you're telling us that it's our fault that we got captured... nice..."

The royals became ashamed of themselves. "Do you even know... how painful it is to us... to see our family dying right in front of us... but we can'r do anything..." He asked. Emil, at this point, is trying to hold back his tears.

"Yes... I know that feeling." Alfred and Matthew replied in unison. The servants didn't expect this kind of response. "Our parents are also killed." Matthew informed them. "They were killed in our very eyes... and we can't do anything about it. They were shot right in front of the whole kingdom."

"Look... it's okay... the past is the past." Mathias tried to comfort the twins.

"And you think that's bad?" Arthur asked them. "At least you got to see your parents!" He cried. "The last time I saw my siblings was when I was 6 years old!"

"And the last time I saw my family... is when I was 4..." Emil told them. "When I was 6... that is when I last saw them." Lukas added.

"And here you thought you have the worst of the worst backstory. What does that make our backstory then?" Arthur asked as he wiped his tears away.