Chapter 13: Second Encounter

TIME SKIP:
Arthur
Age: 15
Lukas
Age: 17
Emil
Age: 15
Alfred
Age: 14
Matthew
Age: 14
Yao
Age: 16
Mathias
Age: 17
Berwald
Age: 17

PRESENT
"Ahhhh! It's them! It's them!" A female shouted as she called for the guards. "The Trio Theives! Catch them!" She yelled.

The Trio Theives was the name given to the 3 theives that were stealing at Spades every week. Arthur was speeding up Lukas' and Emil's speed as they were running.

Meanwhile, Alfred and Matthew were at a construction site nearby. They were there to observe the activity of the workers and to learn new magic techniques. "This is how you teleport objects to you." The Jack of Spades said as he showed them.

Arthur and his group was now passing through that area. Little did they know, the guards were also there. When they did pass through that area, Arthur targeted the guards to make a way for Lukas and Emil to pass through. As he was doing this, his right arm was shot by a magic spell. This made him shot for the wrong person, in this case it was Matthew. "My Prince!" The guard yelled as he pushed away their Prince.

Prince Matthew was pushed away and hit the construction site. He hit a metal stand and the stand fell, causing the objects on top to fall. The objects that were on the top was lots of metal and woods.

Arthur saw this. *What should I do?* He thought. He saw images from his past... his childhood. He saw the memories of his brothers being separated from him. The look on the older brother's eyes were just like his eyes before. They were terrified.

Without thinking, he used his magic to hold all the falling items. Both his family and his enemies were shocked. "I'll catch up..." He muttered to Lukas and Emil. The 2 nodded as they went away.

Matthew was covering his head then he looked at his top. A green aura was surrounding all the falling items. Alfred was shocked. "Brother!" Alfred called. "Come here... the theif might let it go!" He said. Matthew ran to his brother, crying.

Arthur's arm were starting to burn again. He finally let go of the falling objects as he held his right arm. "Ow ow ow." He muttered. The guards were about to cast another spell but Arthur teleported away.

"Mattie... Mattie... are you alright?" Alfred asked as he cried. "I... I survived?" He asked. Matthew hugged his brother. "Thank goodness you're not hurt." Alfred smiled.

"Guards... search for the area. That child still might be somewhere." The Jack ordered. The guards nodded as they followed his order. "Your Highness.... let's take a break for today. You must be terrified." He said as he guided the 2 to the palace.

Meanwhile, at their hideout, Arthur was holding his right arm in pain. "Arthur!" Lukas and Emil exclaimed as they went to him.

"Bror, get cold water immediately." Instructed Lukas. Emil obeyed him instantly. Lukas went to Arthur and rolled up his sleeves.

"This... is worse than before. Just how many tons did you carry?" Lukas asked.

Lukas poured the cold water to the burn. "Aghhhh!" Arthur yelled. After Lukas poured all the water, Arthur's arms are still burning. "This is worse than I thought..." Lukas sighed. He went to his herb supply and grabbed a few. He also grabbed his bandages and then he applied it to Arthur's arm.

Lukas bandaged Arthur's arm with the herbs. "Ow ow ow ow ow..." Arthur muttered. "Aghhh!"

"It's much painful because this is the most effective healing herb. It's your fault for becoming injured anyways..." Lukas said. "You don't have to point that out." Emil told him.

"I just did that because... he was just like me..." Arthur told them. "He wad just like me when I lost them... my brothers... Even if I hate them... I don't want them to feel what I felt before. I don't want them to be... like me..."