Chapter 10: Hunting

PRESENT
"Did you learn all this by yourself?" Emil asked Arthur as Arthur showed him how to escape a Demon. "No, my brothers helped me. It was mostly Allistor though..." Arthur replied while attacking the Demons.

"Demons usually come out during night. This is the best time to hunt them since they sleep in the morning." He informed Emil. "So their nocturnal." Emil said. "'Nocturnal'? What does 'nocturnal' mean?" Arthur asked. "They sleep during the day and are active at night." Replied Emil. "Yeah... they are nocturnal." Said Arthur.

"Demons are usually in groups. We're lucky that we found a small one." Said Arthur. He grabbed one Demon by the neck and showed Emil. "To kill them, just seperate their eye to the body and step on it." He said.

Arthur got the Demon's eyeballs out and stepped on it. "If you step on it, the body would be gone. But while you're doing this, make sure they don't bite you. Because if they manage to taste your blood, they would think that you are made of magic and eventually eat you up." Arthur informed him.

"At this rate... you would be much more scarier than Lukas when he doesn't get his morning coffee." Emil sighed. "Now... you try." Arthur said as he handed down a Demon to Lukas. "It's currently taking the form of an insect. If something goes wrong, I'll help you immediately."

Emil took the Demon and did what Arthur did earlier. He took out the eyes and stepped on it. "Yuck..." He muttered. "That's one of the ways to kill a Demon. Another is directly hitting it's eye with a knife or a sword." Arthur said. "You should have said that sooner... I think I lost my appetite..." Emil replied. "I'm sorry." Arthur apologized.

After some minutes, Emil eventually got tired. "How about we practice tomorrow?" He said. "Sure, but your stamina is pretty low." Arthur informed him. "Your type is Offense, right?" He asked. "Yeah... and my brother is Healing." Emil replied.

"I might give him some herbs that I collected. Please remind me later." Arthur said. "Sure, let's go back now." Emil told him.

They went back to the cave and greeted Lukas. "Bror, Arthur brought some herbs." Said Emil. "Can I take a look?" Asked Lukas as Arthur gave him the herbs.

"These herbs are good. I never expected these to grow in a place with Demons." Lukas critizized. "These are all good healing herbs... especially if a person lost his stamina."

"It's because of the Demons. They feed on magic, remember? Out of all the Kingdoms, Spades has the most Demon attacks. This is because Demons always crave for magic. And with a place full of those, that place becomes a target for Demons." Arthur explained. "That is one of the reasons I want to check that place."

"Bring me with you tomorrow. I'll also check the herbs there." Lukas instructed them. "Yes." Said Arthur.

The next day came and they prepared to go to the forest. "I went to the ocean earlier." Said Arthur. "I noticed some Demons over there too. There are fewer fishes from before. Some fishermen also had a hard time catching fishes because of the Demons."

"I also gathered some seaweeds. I think they may be useful." Arthur told Lukas as he gave the seaweeds to him. "The seaweeds are less powerful than the herbs at the forest. But this can still be used as a pain reliever." Lukas informed them.

When night time came, they all ventured to the forest. Lukas was busy searching for powerful herbs while Emil and Arthur are on the watch. "Emil, there's a large group ahead." Arthur informed him. "Bror, take cover." Said Emil.

The group of Demons surrounded the trio. Emil and Arthur got on their fighting stances and beat the hell out of the Demons. Together, they leveled up.

"Bror, you've been pretty good at fighting." Lukas commented. "If we keep this up, you'll be as good as Arthur."

This went on for days. And as discussed, every week they would steal some food from the nearest town.

"Oi! Get back here you damn theives!" The owner yelled. "Guardsssss!" The guards quickly chased the trio and even attempted to kill them. This lead to Emil being hit on one of his vitals. "Bror!" Lukas yelled. "Arthur, defend us!"

"Yes." Arthur replied while he gave Lukas and Emil a sheild. "Surrender now or else you might get injured." Warned one of the guards. "Tsk... you didn't change at all... did you?!" Arthur exclaimed. He glared at them with a deadly look. "Why sould I even pity you?!" Then... he snapped. He casted a spell in which he would be faster then one by one, he punched the guards on the stomach. The guards took some time in recovering. Arthur didn't give them the chance to call reinforcements either and immediately kicked the guard who shot Emil.

Another guard recovered from his injuries. He figured that his boss might die if this goes on. So, he aimed his gun at one of his team members, Lukas. It just so happened that all of their guns can destroy any kind of sheild since it came from Hearts... so, when he shot it, it penetrated through the sheild and shot Lukas at one of his vitals. Arthur was shocked. He didn't know their guns could break through his sheild. There... he REALLY snapped out. He teleported to the man who shot Lukas and killed him in a brutal way. He sliced off his head... Lukas and Emil looked at Arthur in shock.  "I won't... let you hurt my family again." He said.

They immediately teleported to the cave. "Lukas! Emil!" Arthur cried as he went to his injured comrades. "Please... hang on for just a moment... I won't let you die..." He cried.

Arthur went to Lukas' medicine supply and looked for some healing potions that he had made. Fortunately, all the bottles were labelled. He quickly grabbed one bottle and had Lukas and Emil drink it.

After that, he used his magic to treat their wounds. After a few minutes, Lukas and Emil stopped bleeding. He also had a few injuries from the fight and from his overused magic. Eventhough he's strong, he still can't overuse his magic because he might injure himself. Teleportation took too much magic from him that he gained injuries.

For the following days, he watched Emil and Lukas carefully. He treated their wounds and monitored their heartbeat. Emil first woke up. "Emil... are you feeling alright?" Arthur asked. "Y-yeah... have you been looking out for us?" Emil asked him. "Yes... your wounds are also healed because of the seaweeds I got before." Arthur replied.

Emil noticed that Arthur had scars and bruises all over him. "How about you? Are you alright?" He asked. "Don't worry about me. Your injuries are far more worse than mine... I can handle the pain, don't worry." Arthur said. "How about Bror? Did he woke up already?!" Emil asked him. "No... not yet... but he is still breathing and that's good." Arthur replied.