Chapter 3: Twin Brothers

PRESENT
"Mooommmmmm!" Yelled Alfred. "Yes sweety?" His mother asked him. "Matthew is putting maple syrup on his chocolate drink again!" He yelled in reply.

"Matthew! Don't! You'll get unhealthy. You're going to have different diseases and you'll be sick." The Queen reminded him. "B-but it's delicious!" Matthew exclaimed.

"Not everything delicious is healthy for you, my child!"

"B-but it's maple syrup... on chocolate drink..."

"You'll get stomach aches! Who would mix maple syrup with chocolate drink? Well... you but that's really unhealthy!"

They countinued to battle for what is right and wrong while the King and Alfred looked at them.

"Hey Al..." His dad whispered. "Here's some chocolate from Hearts Kingdom I bought yesterday." He said as he handed a box. "Wow! Can I really have it?" Alfred exclaimed.

The Queen took a glance at Alfred. "William! Why are you giving our son chocolate? Did you know they can get tooth aches from those?" The Queen went to the King.

"Don't be so overprotective, Emily! They're just kids!" He laughed.

Meanwhile, Matthew tried to grab the maple syrup.

After he took it, he immediately rushed towards the library and ate it there, with his hidden supply of pancakes.

Alfred chuckled. He followed his brother to the library and met him there.

"Yo... Matt... can I have some?" Alfred asked his twin. "Just the pancake. Not the syrup." Matthew replied.

Alfred nodded and Matthew gave him a plate with 2 pancakes.

Matthew showed Alfred a book about hockey and the other sports. "Hey look at this. It says that our kingdom has the most wins of ice hockey!" He smiled. "You really love ice hockey." Alfred told him. "I know. It's weird that it doesn't even snow in Spades but we get to win the most matches in ice hockey." Matthew replied. "I really thought Clubs would win most of the matches because their land is literally covered in snow!" Alfred exclaimed.

"Mom said that we can't go outside yet. We need to wait until tomorrow's celebration." The younger told his older brother. "But once we're outside, we can use our magic freely. Inside the castle, we can't use them since we might make a mess. We rarely go in the courtyard and we can't go outside the palace until tomorrow's celebration. That is why I'm excited for tomorrow!" Alfred exclaimed.

"But... when we get to go out... does that mean that you're closer to becoming a king?" Matthew asked his brother. "I guess so. But I think I can become the best King out there!" Alfred laughed.

"You know that you need a Queen to rule this kingdom, right?"
Silence...

"W-well of course I do! I'm the heir to the thrown after all!" Alfred boasted. "Then, you must know very well that the ceremony that would be held tomorrow won't exactly be a celebration but an introduction for us to know who is worthy of the position for Queen, right?" Matthew looked at his brother.

"Matt, when did you become so serious?" He asked him. "O-oh did I became serious there? Sorry. I was just thinking about the good of this kingdom. Y-you should too! I mean... you are the heir to the thrown!" Matthew exclaimed.

"Yeah yeah... I know... it's a lot of responsibility and I may not look like it but... I'm responsible enough to be the next King of Spades." Alfred smiled.

"Sure you are. You're my big bro... you'll one day be a great King of Spades..." Matthew encouraged him. "Thanks... Matt..." Alfred muttered.

When lunch came... the 2 siblings were seen on the library... reading together. Apperantly, they were reading a romance book.

"Mom used to tell us this love story, remember?" Matthew used his magic to grab the book from the shelf. "Yeah... it's about a prince being locked onto a tower." Alfred replied. "He was being held hostage. If the Queen and King didn't give him money... the beast will summon a Demon and kill the whole kingdom."

"Then... a well-known criminal went hiking one day. He saw a tower and then saved the Prince. But the plot twist is that the criminal was a girl." Alfred summed the book up. "What about it?" He asked.

"R-remember how we were born? We were made by magic. That is why our parents' parents can be both boys or both girls. I read it on some history books. I was just wondering... if mom and dad would introduce you to a posible candidate for a Queen that isn't a boy. Because... that book was mom's favorite book. She liked the fact that not all prince charmings are boys. And not all damsels in distress are girls. Maybe... you can pick an opposite gender then?" Matthew asked him.

"Then everybody would call me gay! Think about it dude, if my Queen would be a boy, then every people who hates me would spread misinformation that I'm gay! Haha! That's nonsense. I would never pick a guy for a Queen." He laughed.

"Oh... haha... that's what I thought you would say." Matthew smiled.

"Matthew! Alfred! Lunch is ready!" A maid called them. The two stood up and ran towards the dining hall. "Comming!" They yelled in unison.