Chapter 18: Be my Servant

Arthur didn't sleep at all. He doesn't want to and he can't as well. He's not used to not seeing the brothers argue over something before going to sleep.

It was about time that he noticed that it's already morning and that he haven't eaten nor slept yet.

He heard people heading to the dungeon. Of course they would go to Emil first.

"Hey, hey, hey." Tino said as he tapped Emil's shoulder. "W-what?" Emil asked as he rubbed his eyes. "A new order from the King, you'll be our slave." Tino informed Emil.

"Why should I? I'm not even supposed to be here, why should I be a servant?" Emil asked. "It's an order from the King." Yao replied.

Soon, they removed the cuffs from Emil but they still held him.

After that, they went to Lukas. "Emil?" Lukas asked as he saw his brother being held by Tino and Berwald. "Let go of him, please." Lukas said as he tried to go to his brother. "I'm okay Lukas." Emil said. "They didn't hurt me."

Lukas gave a sigh of relief. "Thank god..." He muttered. "Anyways, from now on you'll serve me!" Mathias said as he went to Lukas. "I'd rather be here than to serve a stupid royal." Lukas said. "Nah, you would be better with me." He laughed. "And you can't do anything about it." He added.

Mathias forcefully made Lukas stand up and dragged him to Arthur's cell.

"L-lukas?" Arthur cried. "Arthur, I'm glad your safe..." Lukas said. "What about you? Are you hurt? Did they hurt you?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Ahem..." Yao coughed, making Lukas and Arthur have their attention. "The dangerous one, you'll be the personal servant of King Alfred." Yao said.

"I won't do it." Arthur replied. Suddenly, the King went inside. "Ohhh so the crybaby King is here." Arthur sighed. "I'm not serving you."

"Then, you'll spend the rest of your life here." Alfred said. "I'm fine with that.... even if you kill me...." Arthur replied. That is when they noticed Arthur's untouched dinner. "Why didn't you eat your dinner?" Alfred asked. "It may contain poison. Which is why Lukas and Emil are really submitting to you." The criminal replied.

"If you don't follow, I'll make sure that these two won't make it out alive." Alfred threatened Arthur as he pointed to Lukas and Emil.

"H-hey, y-y-you don't need t-to drag them in. I'll do anything you want just don't hurt them!" Arthur panicked. Alfred smiled and cursed the 3 of them. They can't use their magic without the will of their owner. "Aghhhh!" The three yelled in pain as they were struck by the curse.

After that, they were brought upstairs when they once again viewed the unsurprisingly large interior of the palace.

After a few minutes, they went to their rooms and the royals forced then to take  a bath since they came from the dungeon.

When they did take a bath, the maids took their clothes and replaced them with the clothes they're supposed to wear.

"Where in the bloody hell is my clothes?" Arthur asked as he searched for them. He found a new set of clothes in his bed and threw it in disgust. "There is no way I'm wearing this!" He yelled.

"Then you can't get out! You would be naked!" Mathias yelled back while laughing. Arthur let out a sigh. He finally decided to wear the clothes.

"So, you decided you'll wear the clothes?" Lukas asked Arthur when he got out. "I can't use my magic. I've already tried." Arthur said.

"So, welcome to Spades!" Alfred greeted. "I'm the current King and Yao is the Jack. My brother, Matthew, is the Ace. We're lacking a Queen but soon we'll have one." He informed them.

"You," He said as he pointed to Emil. "You'll be with Berwald... er... what's your name?" He asked. "Emil... Emil B. Steilsson." Emil said.

"Next, you," He pointed to Lukas. "You'll be with Mathias... er..."
"Lukas B. Steilsson." Lukas said. "What!? You two are siblings!?" Mathias exclaimed. "Yeah? Is is wrong?" Lukas asked.

"Lastly, the dangerous one." Alfred said as he went to Arthur. "You'll be with me."

"Tsk... fine... but I'm only doing this because I don't want you to hurt them." Arthur sighed as he went to the King.

They parted ways after that.

Alfred went to his office and set placed a folder. "Oh... I've never really knew your name. What is it?" Alfred asked. "Again with this, I'm Arthur Kirkland." He said. "Hmm? That doesn't sem right. Arthur Kirkland is dead. He's not you." Alfred told him.

"Prove it. Show me the files." Arthur said. "No, that's important information and you can't see it." Alfred told him as he requested him to bring him the heavy stack of folders in the shelf.

Arthur used his magic to get it but it failed. He sighed and went to the shelf. As soon as he carried the folders, he dropped it. "Ow ow ow ow ow." He uttered as he grabbed his right arm.

Alfred rushed to his servant's aid. "Hey Arthur, are you okay?" He asked as he grabbed Arthur's right arm. "Ow ow ow.... Don't touch my arm! It hurts!" Arthur yelled as he went away.

"What hurts? We can bring you to the infirmary if you'd like." Alfred said. "No need, I can deal with this." Arthur replied as he rolled up his sleeves.

His arm shows some burn marks. And when I mean some, I mean a lot. His right arm was covered with it and some of it haven't healed.