🔥14❄️

❄️

"Loki if you wish for me to help you, you must hold still."

Rashida nagged as she attempted to cut the strings that held Loki's lips together. He kept flinching and jerking away from her touch. She knew it was probably hurting him but there was no way to do it without hurting him.

"I know it hurts, my prince, but you must bear with the pain. It will be over soon I promise."

Loki gave her a skeptical look but she paid it no mind. She returned to cutting the threads from his mouth. One after the other and finally the last one. Once all the strings were cut she gently tugged them free. This seemed to hurt Loki as well as he constantly flinched from her tugging the strings free. Fresh blood pulled from the puncture wounds. Once the last string was pulled from its place Rashida sighed.

"That's the last one, now be still."

She said as she placed her hands gently over Loki's mouth. She cupped his delicate features and a warm yellow light swirled from her finger tips in to his skin. It felt warming and calm like a blanket or a fire on a winter night. Once Loki was healed, however, he jerked away from her.

"I could have done that myself."

He spat, looking away from the Pharaoh. She sighed as she gazed at him.

"Then why didn't you?"

The two sat on Rashida's bed in her chambers. She had brought him here because she couldn't think of any other place to take him in the dead of night. Loki mumbled something before trying to rise but he immediately fell to his knees. Rashida stood at once and bent down to him.

"You're weak, my prince. You must rest before you can go anywhere."

She put her arms around him and helped him to stand and placed him back in her bed. Loki hissed But didn't resist otherwise. He looked at the queen evilly.

"Won't you rest as well?"

Rashida chuckled lightly and shook her head. She crossed the room and took a seat by the door.

"No. I must protect you and myself. If someone finds you are missing they will certainly alert me first. I must stay awake and listen to hear them. You, however, must rest. I will watch over you for now and alert you if anything comes about. Rest my prince, you need your strength."

Loki did not appreciate her sudden kindness after everything she had said and done but he didn't resist her efforts to help him. Maybe this was just a severely fevered dream and none of this was real. Rashida wasn't really letting him sleep in her bed while she protected him. No this had to be a vivid intense dream. Loki waited for the feeling of the warm bed to vanish as he woke up but it didn't come. In fact he didn't feel himself waking up at all, instead he felt himself slowly drifting off into a peaceful sleep for once.

Rashida smirked and crossed the room once more. She placed a soft and caring kiss on the prince's forehead.

"Rest now, my prince. A new day comes tomorrow that requires new strengths and challenges."

She could have sworn as she crossed the room to sit back down she heard Loki mutter a very quiet and subtle.

"Thank you."

But it was quite possible she was instead mistaken. But she wasn't sure. It seemed so real that it very well could have been. She decided to leave to her tiredness and dismissed the thought entirely. She began her long watch over Loki for the night. To protect the prince of Asgard.