🔥21❄️

🔥

A maid held another design up to my face as another measured my waist.

"Does this please the Pharaoh?"

She asked timidly. I smiled kindly. I did not really give much care to which dress was chosen. I just wanted to get every last matter settled so I could finally rest. I nodded.

"Yes it is quite lovely."

"Are you positive, Your majesty?"

She asked again, as if testing my honesty.

"Yes it is fine, my dear girl."

The maid finally smiled. She gave a curtsy and scuttled off to send the commands for the dress to be made. The other maid now adjusted herself to measure my height.

"I am almost finished, your highness. Do not fret."

"Take your time, it is no hurry."

I noticed Loki walk into the room. He seemed slightly distressed. I gave him a small nod and polite smile. The maid seemed to notice and she followed my gaze to Loki.

"I am finished, your majesty."

She said abruptly as she rolled up her measuring tape and tucked it in a pocket along with her notepad and a pencil.

"Are you sure? That did not take as long as I-"

She cut me off, which would normally seem rude if not for her obvious intentions.

"Believe me, your majesty,"

She glanced over at Loki and then back at me with a small sweet smile.

"I am finished. I shall leave you two alone."

She gave me a subtle wink as she trotted off on her own. I turned my attention to Loki.

"What troubles you, my prince?"

"Nothing."

"I can tell when you're lying. What troubles you, Loki? Tell me so I may ease your worries."

I walked over to him. His blue eyes seemed tired and afraid. I cupped his delicate face in my hands.

"Tell me what bothers you, my prince."

"You chose me, correct?"

I tilted my head a little at his question and gave him a slightly confused look.

"What do you mean?"

"You chose me. Not Thor or anyone else."

I smiled once again up at him.

"Of course I did. I am marrying you after all."

"Why?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Why did you chose me? Why not someone else who is more... righteous then I am. Rashida, you may not know this, but I am a murder and a man of treason. I have killed many innocent people For no cause and tried to take over Asgard. I am certainly not worthy of a foreign throne, nor the love of a queen."

"I know."

I responded curtly. He jerked his head to look at me. A shocked expression was plastered on his face.

"I beg your pardon."

I chuckled lightly. I looked away from him for a brief second before turning my full attention back to him.

"Loki, I know who you are. I know your past. Through time, the flame reveals all. My prince you tell me that you are not righteous but you couldn't be more wrong. You look at yourself and see what some people would claim to be a 'monster' but that is not true. Loki you are the most worthy man of being king that I have ever met. You are right, it is your birthright, but it is also mine and Thor's as well. But you carry the mark of the throne like no other. The crown has branded you, my prince. And it is my esteem honor to make you my king. I saw the mark, I saw the flame inside your heart that burned to rule. I heard the call to polish it, to feed the fire. I chose you because I saw a true king in your heart. I saw a man worthy of the throne."

Loki stared down at my with slight shock. His lips slightly agape in awe of my words. I felt his fingers intertwine with mine. He squeezed my hand firmly and gazed into my eyes intently.

"Do you truly mean all of these things which you have said to me?"

I grasped his hand in mine, my thumb caressing his chilled fingers as I gave him a warm stare of pure sentiment.

"Absolutely, my king."