Chapter 24: Frozen, But She Can't Let it Go

|Unedited|

Right now the girl was sitting in a rather tall pile of snow. It was definitely not the soft packing snow; rather it was the snow that could scrape off someone's arm. Using deduction, she figured that it rained several days ago. Or the snow possibly melted then froze over.

However, the true problem was that she was freezing. Despite the fact that she was fully clothed, her clothing was soaked because of the snow melting from her body heat.

----------

"Wear the darn things I chose for you!" Henrik seethed through his teeth.

The female had refused to put in the skimpy outfit for the fourth time today. She was perfectly fine in over-sized everything, and although it was quite hot, she would not agree to change.

"Do it, or I'll throw you outside," Henrik exclaimed evilly.

Throwing her outside seemed to be a thrilling idea for the girl. She could finally carry out her idea about escaping.  Albeit she had a previous idea that would have worked quite seamlessly in terms of leaving this household.

She knew that there was a catch, but a little fresh air would do wonders for her. The fresh air flowing in and out her lungs, and the burn of the cold air that she would struggle to inhale up her nose.

"Fine. You want to see my true colours? I'll show it to you," Henrik hissed.

With one big swoop, she was lifted up. Her feet dangling just above the ground. Withing minutes, Henrik opened the back door with no effort, which included the screen door. He tossed her out like a garbage bag causing her to smack into the snow face first. It scraped against her cheeks but drew no blood.

Immediately she felt the effect of the cold hitting her. The tips of her nose and fingers felt as if they were about to freeze off upon contact with such extreme weather. 

(Y/N)'s first reaction was to scream insults at the boy as he closed the backdoor. She proceeded to bang on the door, but all that did was bruise her small and thinning hands. After giving up, she ran up to the fence that surrounded the backyard. It was metal and quite irregularly high. With the cold weather the bars froze and they were as slippery as a bar of soap.

After surveying her surroundings she realized that yelling will do no good. There was practically nothing around her. The terrain was completely snowy and empty. When did the boys have time to move her to such a remote area? She would never find out.

The inside of the house made her believe that she was in an urban location, or maybe it was just because of the stereotypes that were developed for the image of a rural area.

Nothing wooden, no wagons, and definitely no horses. Although the female thought that horseback riding would be quite fun in such a boring place. 

But even in the rural areas there would be transmission towers here and there. Maybe a little dirt road as well, but with the snow, there would be no indications of that.

Her thoughts were interrupted as a cold gust of wind blew her hair into her face. The unruly mess, that she called her hair, was not very warm either. She needed shelter from the wind, and since she would probably be stuck outside for a while her plan was to barricade herself within a snow wall.

The snow was not cooperative, its refusal to stick together was obstructing the freezing adolescent to block the wind. However, she managed to hollow out a little area which she plopped herself in.

She faced the fence while looking longingly into the distance. The memories of her family playing in the snow flashed in front of her eyes. In the snowy distance she could almost see her young self frolicking in the crunchy snow.