Chapter 31: Newfound Joy

ᴜɴᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ

The cuddly creature hung out around (Y/N) 24/7. The teenage female felt very comforted by the companion of the feline. Although the name that she chose seemed rather odd, the expensive cat was named "Shampoo". If (Y/N) could recall properly, she was sure that there was a cat in a manga that was named the same exact way. She felt a sense of nostalgia wash over her every time she called the feline's name. It was a taste of her previous life.

Henrik was quick to become her favourite member, and it did not take long for the others to notice her partisanship. It did not take long for them to deduce the factor that cased that either.

Thankfully, their desire to murder Shampoo was not as strong as the hatred that they had against Henrik. Thus, Shampoo would most likely not receive any harm. Either way, the cat was always following (Y/N) around, it was highly unlikely that the males would even get a chance to interact with the animal alone.

When Henrik was not out contributing to his role in their developing music video, he would constantly request the presence of (Y/N). There was never a window of time where he was alone anymore. As entertainment, Henrik would watch movies with her while completing puzzles. It was not anything special, but the time they spent together was quite significant.

"(Y/N)!" Kaoru exclaimed in joy.

The female had the cat in her lap while she enjoyed her time alone with the 1000 piece puzzle that had yet to be finished. Henrik was out today, the female could only assume that he was busy as an idol.

"Care if I join you?" Kaoru asked politely.

In a silent response, (Y/N) shifted over slightly-trying her best not to wake the sleeping feline that was nestled into her thighs. Kaoru placed a plate that held a few slices of peaches and a simple BLT sandwich on it. The girl looked up questionably from the puzzle after glimpsing at the spread that he had offered. In a gentle nudge, the plate was pushed closer towards the girl.

"Peaches?" she asked him questionably-she was not complaining, just rather confused.

"Do you not like them?" Kaoru asked her.

He knew that she adored them. Frankly, the many notes he took while stalking her were coming in quite handy. Although, he did not even need those notes anymore.

"Quite the contrary," (Y/N) replied while happily taking a slice into her mouth.

In a respectful manner, she also offered the peaches to him. When he saw that she was considerate towards him as well, Kaoru's eyes brightened up. Almost immediately, (Y/N) could see how such a tiny action would thrill the easily pleased male.

"What are you working on?" Kaoru asked her while scanning over the many puzzle pieces that still remain detached.

"Just the hot air balloon," (Y/N) said while pointing to one of the many floating hot air balloons on the cover of the puzzle box.

"Speaking of which, have you seen the news on Doug Aitken's mirrored hot air balloon?" Kaoru asked her before realizing the error in his statement.

"Sorry, I have not really been on my phone lately. Let alone seen the news," (Y/N) answered passive aggressively.

Apologetically, Kaoru loaded up the website discussing the particular topic. (Y/N) skimmed over the content, it seemed to be quite a sight. However, it was not like she would be able to perceive anything related to the beautiful work of art anytime soon. Pretending to be scrolling along the article, she skimmed over the notification that he had in his task bar. Nothing particular struck her; however, Kaoru was subscribed to many different news sources. Thus, it was inevitable for (Y/N) to eventually come across an article speaking of a deceased girl that attended the school that she used to learn at. The article was named in a strategic way. The article title was short and simple, but it also created a sense of curiosity in her. Who was this student? Did (Y/N) know him or her during the short time she was at the school?