Chapter 5

Rydel came over the next day.

"Hi, girl," she waved. I nodded in response.

"Okay, we need to give you a makeover!" she cheered.

"Wait, what? No, Delly. I'm not changing my look," I disagreed.

"Really? Because you've had that hairstyle and cut for four years, your fashion sense hasn't changed a bit, and you could really use a little more makeup."

"And a shower," she added, pinching her nose in disgust.

I glared at her. "I just showered this morning."

"Then what's that smell?" She was confused.

"Dunno. Maybe Bella pooped in here or something."

"Yeah, let's go to the mall now and give you a makeover!" she squealed.

"Fine," I sighed. I guess I really do need one. My look hasn't changed since I was like, 14 years old.

We drove to the mall and she first dragged me to the hair salon.

"Hello, welcome to Julia's Hair Studio," a worker greeted us. "How may I help you?"

"My friend here needs a new hairstyle," Rydel replied, pointing to me.

"Of course. Please take a seat here," she gestured to a seat where they cut your hair.

After about 30 minutes, I walked out of the salon with Rydel with a shoulder-length haircut, and they had dyed my hair blonde. They also did a brown ombré. I have to say, I was pretty pleased with the result.

"Next, Sephora!" Rydel announced. We walked into the store and spent literally an hour (Rydel's fault) picking out things.

Then after that, we headed to Forever 21 and she picked enough things to fill up my whole closet.

I felt like a brand-new person when I walked out of the mall.

"Maybe Ross will actually like you now," she wiggled her eyebrows.

I sighed. "No, he won't. You already know he has his eyes only on Laura."

----

*the day of the wedding*

I was in my gorgeous wedding dress all ready and Dad strolled up to me. "Ready to walk down the aisle?"

"No," I mumbled, and he frowned but hooked his arm into mine.

When I walked down, the lady began to play the organ and I saw Ross down at the altar. I glared at him.

As I was walking down, I saw Laura narrowing her eyes at me as she stood in the fifth row. Who invited her? Probably Ross. Ugh.

When I reached the altar, Dad let go of my arm and stood beside me.

The priest spoke.

"We are gathered here in the marriage of Miss McCarty and Mr. Lynch, soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Lynch."

He blabbed on for several minutes about how marriage is important and whatever and he read something from the Bible.

"Do you, Ashley McCarty take Ross Lynch to be your husband through sickness and health?" he asked.

I would've said no, but then Mom would kill me and lecture me about how I ruined my important day. Yeah. Right. More like her day.

"I do," I muttered.

Then he said the same thing to Ross and Ross said the same thing, too.

"You may now kiss the bride!" the priest cheered.