Chapter 12

"Cough, cough," I faked.

The brunette bitch turned around. Gosh, that ugly smirk.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, "decided that I was obviously way prettier than you, and Ross wanted me, not you, and came to apologize?"

"Get a life, Laura. At least I don't need six inch heels to seem tall," I spat. That was true. While she was only 5'2", I was 5'7".

Then I remebered. I need to be nice to her, not spit out insults.

"Anyways, do you wanna grab some lunch some time?" I asked.

"Together?" she seemed surprised.

"Well, yeah."

"I'm suspicious."

"Don't be. If I hated you, I wouldn't ask you to go on a friend date."

"Since when are we friends?"

"Don't make it so confusing. Consider it a friend date, but we're still enemies. So are we going or not?"

"Sure. What about Garage Pub tomorrow at 12:30?"

Garage Pub was a restaurant/bar that teens liked to go to for hanging out. "See you then."

I walked away, murmuring to myself, "My plan is coming along perfectly."

----

Dinner was uncomfortably silent, making the tension between Ross and I even more awkward.

It was just the two of us, at our house, eating some leftover frozen pizza.

I cleared my throat. "Um, I'm gonna head upstairs."

"Ash, wait," he hesitantly called out.

"Yeah?" I turned back around.

"Never mind," he looked down at his shoes.

I headed into my, er, our room. The first thing I spotted was Ross's phone. He must've left it up here.

I decided to be sneaky and read his texts. Which was not the best idea. His most recent conversation was one I did not want to see.

Laura: Hey babe

Ross: hi, I guess

L: You know, if you're free tonight, you can come over.

R: I'll consider it.

L: cmon, you know you love me in bed.

R: Laura, right now is not the time I want to do that. Sry, but my life is kinda all jumbled up right now.

L: Is this about her?

R: who's her?

L: you know exactly who I'm talking about. Ashley.

R: no. Don't include her in this.

L: That bitch. Slut. Whore. Piece of shit.

R: She's never slept with anyone, Laura. Don't call her that.

L: oh, so now you're standing up for her? Here's the deal. You can chose me, your co-star, beautiful ex-girlfriend or ex-fiancé, the expert in bed, or her, the ugly girl who was forced to marry you. It's not even real love. Pick one.

R: well, Ash broke up with me, so...

L: you chose me?

R: I guess you're my only choice.

L: oh, babe, don't think of me as your only choice. Think of me as an chance to actually be happy.

Right now I was on the verge of tears. I hastily got out a piece of paper and a pen. I scribbled down a note.