Chapter 13

I sobbed for seven more minutes, then realized there was no point in crying if nothing was going to get better.

Ross was with Laura, or at least going to be with her, I was getting more hate each and every day, and my parents were dead. There was no reason to live if I had lost basically everything.

Was I really going to commit suicide? Well, no one was going to care anyways, right?

I scrambled over to my suitcase and got out some pills and a water bottle.

I took a deep breath and put the pills in my mouth. Then as I was about to take a swig of water, a better idea came to my mind.

Why not just get hit by a truck?

I spit all the pills out and closed the bottle.

I ran out of the hotel room, into the elevator, and out the entrance. There was a big, busy street in front of the hotel. Perfect.

I ran to the middle of the street when no cars were coming by.

As I was standing there, eyes closed, ready to kill myself, I heard someone shout, "Ash! What the fuck are you doing?!"

I opened my eyes and looked to my right. Ross was standing on the sidewalk, a look of horror on his face.

"I'm going to end my life, okay? There's no reason to live, so why not just die?" I shouted back.

"Is this because of me?" he asked. I could hear guilt and regret in his voice.

"No, just leave. You're making it worse!" I yelled.

At that moment, a semi-truck started to come for me. It was going super fast, and the driver honked loudly, for me to move. It tried to stop, but it was too late.

"Ash!" Ross cried, and that was the last thing I heard before everything went black.

----

Ross' POV

--

*forty minutes later*

I walked back and forth, hands in my pockets, for the 100th time.

After Ash had been run over, I called 911 and the ambulance came a minute later.

She was bleeding everywhere, and the paramedics tried CPR, but she still had no pulse. They said she was in a coma, and they would try to wake her up.

They were performing a surgery right now, but there was no use. She was probably already dead.

The doctor came out, with a worried look on his face. Great.

"Mr. Lynch?" he asked. I nodded.

"So, Ms. McCarty is in a coma, as you know. We've completed the surgery, but I cannot say yet if it was successful or not. Oh, and we will wait for 14 more days before we pull the plug."

My jaw dropped all the way to the floor when he said that. "She's only got two more weeks to live?"

"We've tried everything, sir. Now all you have to do is wait and see."

"I understand," I sighed.

"Are you her relative? We need to make sure," he asked.

"I'm her husband," I replied.

He looked at me strangely. "Teenagers," he muttered, "getting married at awfully young ages these days." Then he walked off.

I sat down and buried my face in my hands. This was all my fault.

If I hadn't gotten with Laura, this would've never happened. Maybe if I had tried to save her earlier, she wouldn't be in this situation right now.

I'm such a horrible person.

----

Hi hi!

Sorry for the short chapter, I'll try to make the next one a little bit longer.

Also, happy New Year! Hope 2015 is filled with awesomeness for you. ;)

Xoxo,

Lexi