Chapter 7

I sighed for the millionth time that day.

"What's with all the sighs?" Riker asked. He plopped down next to me on their couch.

"I just don't know how I'm going to solve this whole Ross problem," I frowned.

"Well, you could file a divorce, duh."

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, I know that, genius. My mom's probably not going to let me."

"Speaking of Ross, have you seen him lately?" Riker,s eyes widened.

"No. Not like I would want to see him," I huffed. "He's probably getting married to Laura right now. You saw him propose."

"But then he would've invited us."

"I meant a courthouse wedding, dumbo. A secret one."

"Oh."

"Well, then I guess I should go now," I said, standing up.

"Yeah. It's dinner time," he replied.

"Bye, Riker. See ya," I waved.

I drove home and when I got home, Mom and Dad were eating slices of pizza.

"What the heck? Oh, I see. You decided to eat pizza without telling your daughter that you were eating all of her favorite food!" I glared at them.

"Sorry, Ashley," Dad said, his mouth full of pepperoni.

"Ew," I said disgusted.

I grabbed a slice and ran up to my room.

I decided to go on Twitter. I made the wrong decision.

The moment I saw what people were tweeting about me, my eyes started to water.

"@SuperR5er: how is @rossr5 even married to @ashleymccarty? She's such a slut. Have you seen what she wears? #disgusted"

"@PurpleandRoss: @ashleymccarty is such a bitch. I should be the one marrying Ross."

"@OhyeahitsR5: I'm glad Ross proposed to @lauramarano. @ashelymccarty is fucking worthless shit."

"@iheartR5duh: @rossr5 you are married to a whore a.k.a. @ashleymccarty."

And it went on and on and on.

Then I saw that Ross had replied to some of the haters' tweets.

"@rossr5: @SuperR5er you're right. Her choice of fashion is weird."

"@rossr5: @PurpleandRoss yes she definitely is a bitch."

"@rossr5: @OhyeahitsR5 your a genius, she's fucking shit."

That asshole.

I threw my phone at the wall. Bad idea. I could've just deleted my account. Now I have to save up for a new phone.

Then I decided to write something back to those haters.

I got out my laptop and went on Twitter.

"@ashleymccarty: Yes, sometimes I'm a slut. Sometimes I'm a bitch. Sometimes I'm fucking shit. Sometimes I'm a whore. But I'm definitely not weak. So say all you want about me, make up lies. But I will never be personally affected by all the rude stuff you "R5ers" have to say. I never wanted to get engaged to Ross. Please remember that this was a forced wedding. I have nothing to say about @lauramarano, because what you said about me perfectly describes her."

That should do it.

I went to bed after that.

----

After pressing the snooze button a billion times, I decided I needed to do something.

So, I decided to start a YouTube channel.

I had never mentioned it to anyone, but I was secretly a big fan of Bethany Mota and other YouTubers like her. So I decided to make a video and upload it.

I got out my camera, and started recording.

"Hi guys. So, yes it's me. Ashley McCarty. The girl who's been getting a lot of hate recently and is besties with R5 but married to Ross. It's a forced marriage, I swear. So I decided I need to focus on other things in my life besides getting hate, and I wanted to start a channel. And

here I am. I really want to continue posting videos, and if you support me, I love ya. I seriously do. Because sometimes all we want to do is go up to the people who support you and hug them. Lately no one's been supporting me. That's really sad. So please comment down below if you want me to do another video. I also have a Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. I'll link them below. So, yeah."

I continued to introduce myself. Then I stopped filming and edited it.

"Perfect," I said, and uploaded it. I decided to call my channel BeYouTiful.

I instantly got 10 subscribers a minute after I uploaded it. Is that even possible? Wow.

I decided to take a nap, all that talking made me sleepy.

----

"Ash! Ash! Wake up!" someone yelled. It's a female voice, I can tell.

"Ash! Please wake up!" Okay, now this person is shaking me.

I opened my eyes. "What?!" I snapped to the person who yelled at me.

"C'mon! We have to exit the house!" It was Mom.

"Why?"

"Because there's a fire! A big one! In the kitchen!"

I gasped, now 100% awake. I quickly slipped on my flip-flops and ran outside, Mom right next to me.

When we finally made it outside, the Lynches were over.

Stormie ran to us and hugged us.

Then Mom gasped.

"Where's your father?" she asked.

"Don't tell me he's . . ." my eyes widened.

"Here. I'll go get him," Mom quickly said, out of breath. "He's probably napping in our room."

"No, Mom!" I yelled. She shook her head.

She cupped my cheeks. "Listen, sweetie. I have to go find your father. I promise I'll get out safe with your dad, okay? Don't worry. Now I have to go."

I nodded, tears streaming my face.

"If this is goodbye, I love you with all my heart, sweetie. You were my favorite child in the world. You were the best gift I ever received. Know that I will be watching you from heaven, okay? Do good things in your life. Make Mama proud."

"I promise I will get out with your dad, okay?" she smiled.

"Okay," I choked out.

Then she ran into the smoke-filled house.

Five seconds after she entered, the house collapsed.

"NO!" I screamed, my tears now as huge has oceans.

She broke her promise.

----

a/n

Unedited.