Truth

Tom arrived at his place and opened the door to find all the lights were still off. He wasn't surprised, last night his mom texted him to say that she wasn't going to arrive until later.

He called Matt but was sent straight to voicemail. How peculiar....

It was around three in the afternoon and he slipped onto the couch when the door was pounded onto...hard.

He walks over to the door and when he opened it, Matt had pounced upon him like a jaguar.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!?"

The ginger was holding onto his shirt, almost choking him but he was still able to breathe.

"What are you tal-"

"WHY DID YOU NEVER TELL ME HE WAS DEAD?!?"

Tom's eyes had seemingly widened when Matt's head collapsed upon his shoulder, sobbing away his pain. Tom sat up and began to comfort Matt, almost letting his own tears out.

"you never told me that Edds dead tom..."

>Flashback<

Tord had waited until Tom left when he exited his home as well, in search of Matt anywhere. He needed to know the truth, wether Tom liked it or not.

He went down a few pathways and several turns when he found Matt's car parked outside a house. The Norwegian was believing that it was his personal home.

He knocked and the one who answered was Matt himself.

"Tord? What are you doing here? It's like two in the afternoon."

"Listen I just need to ask you something, do you remember anyone nicknamed 'Egg' by any chance?"

Matt's face somehow drained of color and he tightened his grip onto the door.

"Y-yeah...he was named Edward. He was an old friend of mine back in elementary. Though he left one day and Tom told me he just moved or on a trip. The memory is hazy, why?"

"I know you might not believe me but...Edd's dead."

Silence rushed through both males minds. The tightening around the door made Matt's knuckles turn white and before Tord knew it, the car had started and Matt had taken off.

Now Tord was contemplating on whether or not this was a good idea. To tell the truth for Tom...

>End of Flashback<

"I'm sorry....I was told to do so..."

"But who? Please tell me the truth Tom..."

"Edd's mom. She told me to do it. I was only 7 Matt...I saw Edd die right before my eyes..."

Tears. That's all that they could share. They were filled with grief, pain, misery, disbelief, and worse..

Love. They all loved Edd. He was the one who gave the bear hugs. He was the one who usually was there to console you. He was there whenever you were sad and needed your spirits lifted.

And now he's dead...

"I want to know..."

"What? What do you want to know..."

"I want to know how he died..."

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Usually telling the truth is a difficult thing, in which I agree. It is a difficult task but once you are able to lift that large weight off your shoulders, you feel somehow free...