Edd

"W-why? I don't want to talk about it Matt. Please don't force me to speak about it..."

Matt places his hands on Tom's cheeks that were red and tears were flowing down them like a calm stream.

"Please Thomas. I need to know about our Egg. I want to know how he got to be with Matilda."

Tom sniffed and smiled nervously, accepting to do the task. He got up to shut the door and Matt sat down at the couch.

Tom placed himself next to him and his head rested on top of Matt's lap, his head being soothed to lower his nervousness.

"It was back when I was a child..."

>Flashback<

And I was only around the age of 7. Me and Edd were at the park close to our elementary school. It was after-school and me and Edward were playing in the sandbox.

"Look Tom!! I found a shell!!"

He had a large shell that was the colors of blue and green mixed together. Even with a little hint of purple.

"They're like stars Egg!! You should probably give it to Matty!! He would like it!!"

We both had agreed upon that until eventually we heard gunshots. We heard screams and children running around us. We were confused and didn't have any idea on what to do.

So I saw where the children were going. I grabbed Edds hand and started running when eventually another gunshot went off.

I looked behind me to see Edd still holding my hand. We both had tears in our eyes. I noticed that he had left the shell in the sandbox. He was looking back too.

He wanted to go back to get it.

"Eddie no!! We need to go inside!!"

He let go of my hand and ran back. I didn't think before running to bring him back to safety. He barely had touched it when there was a few holes in his clothing.

They were all draining the blood in his system. I was mortified and I was shaking inside and out. He simply smiled at me.

"Goodbye friend..."

He dropped and...and...

>Present<

"I can't anymore Matt. It's all my fault. I should've dragged him back with all of my strength!! IT'S MY FAULT!! IT'S MY FAULT!!! HE'S DEAD BECAUSE OF ME!!!"

Tom began shaking and Matt started telling him things like 'no its not' or 'it's ok' 'breathe'. They were more comforting words coming from the older ginger that Tom continued to listen to.

"Its ok Thomas. It isn't your fault. You were only seven. Please listen to me when I tell you that I will help you get through this..."

He was shaking lesser each time. Tom wasn't used to opening up much to people. But now that he did, he felt like opening up even more.

It was already easy to know who told Matt. He did spend the night at Tord's either way...

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Edd. He was somehow the sun in my life. After the incident with my father being shot down, he wasn't there to help me get through the large grief. Matt knows now. Tord knows now.

Tord knows....