14

There's a large time skip in this chapter. Note that nothing too important happened in that time, just more development to their relationship.
In this chunk of time season 8 was happening, so most of your info is filled in there. During the expanse of the season they moved Curtis' things into Shiro's room permanently, and Curtis has been put back in charge of his own meds. Now that that's all explained, let's move on with the story.
-5 months later-
Finally being back on earth was the most refreshing thing Curtis had ever experienced. After being gone for so long it almost felt strange to breathe real oxygen. Shiro's arm was wrapped around his waist as he looked up at him, smiling widely.
"It's nice to be back on earth isn't it?"
The captain grinned, kissing his cheek.
"It's even better coming back when you're next to me."
As everyone on the atlas finally filtered out of the ship and took their first few steps back on earth, sighs of relief swept through the crowd. They were finally back home, finally back to where they belonged. In the distance Veronica stood with the paladins, smiling as she watched the two men hold each other. Axca stood behind her, a hand on her shoulder.
"Do you think they will be happier here than they were on the Atlas?"
The brunette turned to her, looking up with loving eyes.she took the other's hands in her own.
"I know they will. But are you happier here too?"
"As long as I am with you I will always be happy."
— — —
Most of the crew on the atlas had been given large private houses, but the captain had been given something more like a mansion. Shiro held his lover's hand as they walked into the vast house, smiling. He shut the door behind the two of them and looked over to Curtis, who was pretty dumbfounded at the size of the house.
"This is big house."
"Yeah, it is."
He stood and stared at the vast space for a little longer before exploring the space a little. He looked around in the kitchen, dropped his stuff in the bedroom, and spent a while staring out the large windows by their bed. They had quite a view, most of the houses were on a lake and overlooked the water. Shiro sat down on the bed and watched him stare out the window, smiling. He could see the other's wonderment in the window's reflection as his blue eyes glinted in the light. When Curtis finally looked back at him, he was beaming.
"Beautiful isn't it?"
"Yeah, it is... I love it."
"I'm glad. And I want to make sure you can stay here for the rest of your life."
"H-huh?"
Shiro knelt down and reached in his pocket, pulling out a small box. He smiled and looked up at Curtis with gentle eyes.
"I am completely and helplessly in in love with you. Not a day goes by when I don't think about you every minute. We've had rough times but we've gotten through them together, and I-I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So, Curtis Williams... will you marry me?"
The brunette smiled wider than he ever had and covered his mouth with his hands. He nodded quickly, unable to even speak. The older slipped the silver band onto his hand and pulled him into a hug. Curtis was crying, having one of the happiest moments of his life. This was what he had always wanted, to mean the world to someone.
And finally he had it.

End