Blue>White

Umm, hi, I'm ScaleWiz and I just got an idea for a Marth x Ike fanfiction. It's set in a regular world, not the Fire Emblem one.

By the way, I'm not meaning to copyright-infringe here. Fire Emblem and its characters belong to their respective owners.

So, read it please, and if it's bad you can chase me with flaming torches and such.

Story start!

----------------------------------------------

Marth didn't know how long he'd been sitting in that chair, but he did know he was absolutely sick of white.

The only thing that gave him comfort now was blue. Specifically the blue hair of the weak teenager attached to a heart monitor.

A tear rolled down his cheek. The once proud and strong Ike was now reduced to a slightly breathing figure, and it was all his fault. Another tear.

Why should I be crying? he mentally asked himself. It's Ike who's hurt.

But nevertheless, the tears began to pour down his face again as he recounted what had happened just two days before the strong blue-hair's birthday...

*flashback*

----------------------------------------------

Marth and Ike sat on the street corner, talking about school as usual and counting the cars that went past.

"Hey, did you do the report yet? The one that's due in two days?" Ike asked, anticipating the usual cheery "Nope!" as Marth tended to leave things for the last minute.

"Yeah, I did, why wouldn't I?"

Ike stared in disbelief. "Wouldn't you normally, I dunno, not do it?"

Marth hesitated. "Yeah...but..."

"But what?"

"But...your birthday! It's in two days, and I wanted to take you out somewhere special!" Marth said, a smile slowly spreading across his face.

This time Ike hesitated. "Wh- like...a date?" he stuttered, blushing slightly. He'd been in love with Marth for years, but never told him. This made his heart jump.

Marth blushed also, shocked. He had the same feelings about Ike, but never told him. "I-I mean, I never...intended it that way, but...if you want to..."

Ike was speechless. "Um...uh...I..." he started, but never got a chance to finish.

"Do you hate me?" Marth asked, a tear rolling down his cheek. He stood up.

"No, I...just..." Ike didn't know what to say.

Voices of his family floated into his mind as he stood up too.

His mom's gentle voice- 'It's fine, Ike, you can talk to him later. He'll understand. '

'Try to explain it to him, it's ok to run now and sort out your thoughts. ' His calculating older brother Link's voice floated into his head also.

'But...brother...you said...' The voice of his younger brother Pit came last as he dashed out into the street.

'...that...'

Ike saw his brother's curious stare looking up at him, tousled brown hair on childlike round head tilting to meet his eyes, model airplane in hand, leafy crown created with model glue, the unfailing trust his brother put in his words...

'...running isn't the answer to anything...'

A sharp pain in his left side knocked him flying across the street as he blacked out.

----------------------------------------------

Marth didn't even bother to wipe the tears from his eyes. He simply stared at Ike's face. Then his eyes switched to the monitor as the familiar beeping began to change.

Beep...

Beep...

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

----------------------------------------------

Um...

Was it sad? I tried hard, but there's only so much a sick person can do at three in the morning.

It's horrible and short, isn't it. Oh well. This is my first fanfiction, so.

Oh, and if it reeeeally did suck, then comment that it is and I won't torture you by writing more. But before you do, I'll just tell you that Ike is not dead, but he will die if I don't write any more...

I hope this helps me sleep, cause I haven't been able to...