Marth's Fear

I'm still sick, so might as well write, right? I mean, there's nothing else to do. Except for tons of homework. Oh well.

----------------------------------------------

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

"Aah!" Marth shouted. The echo rang out through the white hallway.

He wiped his eyes. They were wet.

"Ugh, did I fall asleep again?...I need to see Ike..."

He dragged himself up and walked slowly into the too-clean hospital room, noticing as usual the irritating amount of white.

He sat down in his usual chair, staring at that deep-blue hair. Marth turned his gaze toward the ceiling.

"Please...please let him wake up..."

Then his eyes turned back to Ike. "I miss that smile, you know," he murmured, tears dripping down his face. "Just one more time...I want to see it again. "

A new beeping sound. He was getting sick of those too. Marth sighed and checked his cell.

"A reminder?...I must have set one..."

Marth's birthday, the reminder read. Under it said Operation Day.

That moment, doctors swarmed into the room like flies on a carcass. "Why are you still here?!" a nurse yelled. "Get out!"

Marth stumbled out into the hall. He hadn't known the time for two days, since the hospital was always kept lit.

3 AM, his phone read. "Wow...it's pretty early..."

His thoughts turned back to Ike again, and he fell asleep once more into nightmares.

----------------------------------------------

A silhouette stood in front of Marth. He couldn't make out who it was, but they seemed familiar.

"Do you want Ike back?" a voice asked.

"Yes! Of course I do!" Marth shouted. Just the mention of the blue-hair's name out loud almost brought him to tears.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes!"

"Even though...he might hate you?"

Marth hesitated.

The figure walked up to him, and now it was Ike.

"It's all your fault!" Ike yelled. Marth could see the wound in his side where the car hit him one fateful day ago.

"I know, " Marth sobbed, "so please don't hate me..."

"It's too late. You're horrible, Marth."

"No-"

"I hate you. "

----------------------------------------------

"Aah!" Marth shouted.

"The second night in a row?" he murmured. His voice was soft, but it still echoed slightly across the hall.

"What if he really does hate me?"

----------------------------------------------

Yeah. So remember how I said that Ike would be fine in this chapter? Well I lied. Next chapter, 'kay?

Uh, so, once I get rid of this fever I might write better. Or maybe worse. Depends how you look at it.

Bye-nee!