An Even Deeper Wound

Finally we return to the main damn story.

New OC in this chappie.

So I've made two OCs so far, and I'm thinking about doing fanart.

Does anyone know how to put pictures on chapters using the mobile app? If so, pleeeeease comment it here. Thank you! Also how to attach music through mobile?

Anyways, have chappie.

----------------------------------------------

Robin's POV

My phone rung in the kitchen, and everyone jumped. I could hear the clatter of something far away.

Not-Marth had been living with us for quite a while now, and the air had grown brittle and tense.

It was heavy with grief, thicker than a swamp, the terrible sludge of sadness we all waded through, trying to desperately find the pieces of our life that had shattered in the trauma.

I sighed, and the sound seemed to echo before the second ring interrupted it again, harsh and shrill.

When I reached my phone and picked it up, the voice was familiar.

"Robin?" The voice seemed timid.

"Yes, who is it?"

"It's Suou...do you remember me?"

With the shock of déjà vu I remembered the tall, thin and black-haired freshman with dark, imposing eyes and glasses to shield them.

Ever since our school lives kind of...dissolved, I hadn't made contact with him, but he was a friend of mine a while ago.

He'd never been much for company and preferred being alone, so I had no reason why he'd call me.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I...need a place to stay...my parents' house burned down in a fire, and there's not enough space at the temporary residence. Please...it'll just be for a few weeks."

"Of course, of course!" I hurried to say. "Here's the address..."

----------------------------------------------

Ike's POV

Some commotion was happening in the kitchen.

I didn't care.

Clutching the bedsheets, I breathed in the smell of emptiness. The very air was cold. Dry. Dead.

I hadn't eaten for days.

As a precaution, someone had removed any and all sharp objects from my reach.

But that didn't stop my nails from growing.

I bit down on the pillow, trying to suppress the nervous habit of gnawing on them, and instead

dug them deep into my left arm.

Tiny droplets of blood leaked out, rising to the surface, warm and pleasantly stinging.

They lay there, unsure, then crusted over and went to sleep.

I smiled.

It helped to suppress my screams.

----------------------------------------------

Lucina's POV

The next day, Robin's old friend showed up.

Black hair, black glasses, black eyes.

I shuddered.

Standing there with a bag or two, he was the perfect picture of loneliness.

Robin slowly led him inside, showing him around. I tagged along.

"...And here's where you'll sleep," he said, motioning inside Ike's room.

Confused, I pulled Robin aside.

"Are...are you sure that's a good idea? Considering...you know."

"It's fine," he whispered. "We'll have someone to keep an eye on him. Suou has a good eye for details."

I wasn't entirely sure why that made a difference, but I nodded hastily anyway.

Out of the corner of his eye, the new guest was watching us. As soon as I saw him, he turned and walked silently into Ike's room, closing the door with a click.

I shuddered again.

Great. Another silent, nutty recluse.

As much as I hated to admit it, we were all falling apart.

That scared me...

...more than anything.

----------------------------------------------

This chapter contains a one-sentence answer to a good friend that I feel deserves one. End of Ike's POV...there you go, Mothra-senpai...

Even if the chapters are short, I'll try to be a good girl and update more!

I'm starting to get into this band called Kagerou, and I'm getting back into Nano songs.

So hopefully that will help me work better.

I'm thinking of starting a yaoi story called Neko Shelter, in which half the world's population has turned into nekos and are being captured and used as sex slaves. Fortunately there are some shelters that aim to help and protect these people. That might come out soon, so stay tuned! Also, I might put WP users in it with a design and name of their choice. Just ask!

Sorry for the short chapter, by the way.

Bye-nee! :3