Chapter eighteen - "I love you"

Chapter eighteen - 'I love you"

Cole's pov

Emma had just recently given me another chance and I don't think I could be much happier. I'm pissed Nathan did what he did to her but I always knew that when he messed up with her I'd pick up the pieces again. Then again I did that with Emma. I smiled down at the girl sleeping with her head on my chest, not being able to wonder why she gave me another chance. I was lucky as hell to be with her again, we have been together almost a month now. Something tells me dressing as Augustus Waters really made her happy.

~~~~~~~~~~

Emma's pov

One Friday afternoon in school Cole came up to me looking excited but also possibly nervous? Hm wonder what that's about. "Hey" I said smiling, "hey so wanna hang out tomorrow night?" he asked, "sure".

Later on Saturday I got ready to go out somewhere with Cole. He wouldn't tell me where we were going but he said dress nice. I put on a blue dress and blue heels and did light make up. Make up made me think back about this time with Cole.

*flash back*

"Babe you should get some make up before school starts" Nathan said to me holding my hand. "Okay..." was all I replied with. I mean really what guy just flat out tells you to go get make up? So I got some make up stuff and started to practice putting it on. I had never really been one for make up.

So for about a month of wearing make up, Cole shows up on my doorstep with flowers in his hand.

"Hey Em-are you wearing make up?", I nodded "why? You don't need make up Em". Without saying anything else he dragged me up to my room and threw out all my make up then washed off my face. "Hey there's the Emma I missed" he said and kissed the top of my head.

* end flash back*

After finishing my makeup I got downstairs and heard a knock on the door. I answered to see, Nathan??? He was standing holding a single rose and spoke, "Emma I am truly and deeply sorry about what happened to us, I was stupid and I know I can't change things now or take it back but god if I could, I would have kept everything with us so pure and real it'd make your head spin. I would have let the words 'I love you' slip out and one day slip a ring on your finger. I still want all of that for us Emma I really do. I know it's a lot to ask but forgive me?". I stared at him purely shocked "you're kidding right? My answer is no Nathan because well I'm with Cole now". Then it started pouring and he looked at me with sad eyes. "Its over Nathan I can't love you, Cole's just-" then I said in a low whisper the words I had never expected to say, "I l-love him".

"I love you too princess."

I turned to see Cole standing at the steps looking at me. His hair soaked from the rain, we met each other half way and he picked me up in his arms as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "You have no idea how long I wanted to say that, I was so nervous it would scare you away. Yet now that I've said it I want to say it again, my god I love you" he whispered pressing his forehead to mine. "I love you" I whispered back. Then we kissed standing there in the rain forgetting about school, Nathan, when Cole was gone, our suppose to be date, when his mom died and the rest of the world just focusing on us.

A/n

Hey guys thanks for like 900 reads oh my god were so close to 1,000!!!! :D

Vote + comment = vomment