Chapter Twenty One - "I understand"

Chapter twenty one - "I understand"

Cole's POV

Days, days, and cups of coffee later, the police had a lead. They had traced the call from Emma from my phone. They were trying to say I wasn't going with then but I grabbed a loaded gun saying "I made a promise to find her, the guy who took her is going to pay" and then they let me tag along.

When we got there I went in to check things out. The cops said that the first gun shot they heard meant they were coming in. I stepped inside on high alert. it was a small green house with a black roof and gray walls on the inside. I went down the basement stairs carefully and saw, Emma's father? What the hell? I pointed the gun at him and he raised his hands in the air with a smirk. I saw Emma get untied by Ryder then Emma was pointing a gun at her father so I put mine down.

"You wouldn't" her father snickered. "This is for me and mom" she said right before pulling the trigger. He fell down to the grown with blood gushing from his chest. Emma dropped her gun and covered her mouth with her hands as her eyes filled with tears. I quickly when over and wrapped my arms around her. "You okay?" I asked looking down at a shaking Emma. She didn't respond only started crying into my chest. The cops came in and I just shook my head signaling it wasn't a good time. They then nodded and went over to check the scene and talk to Ryder.

I scooped Emma up in my arms, "shh baby you're okay, everything's okay now." I hushed as she clung to my shirt still crying.

She eventually was quiet, not because she calmed down, but because she had cried herself to sleep in my arms.

I got to my car and gently placed her in. After texting her mother and knowing it was alright with them. I took Emma to my beach house, ready to have her there for a few weeks. She needed to be able to calm down and come home safe and sound after time with me of course. I picked a a few bags of items for Emma and then was on the road for about an hour. Getting there I scooped Emma up and brought her still sleeping self into the house. I placed her on the bed and was about to cover her up when she stretched and opened her eyes. "Babe you've gone through enough, you're safe now though okay? You're here with me and no ones going to take you from me again." I whispered kissing her head.

I started to leave as her grip tightened on my hand. "Stay" she mumbled through the pillows under her. "Course anything for you Emma." I smiled and lied next to her wrapping my arms around her waist as she snuggled into my chest. I love my Emma Collins and I'm happy that I have her here with me again.

A/n

Hey guys yay Emma's back with Cole yayyy happy dance. I love you alll.

We're coming to an end soon cuz like next chapters going to be them hanging out at the beach house then the next one graduation etc. and inviting to do an epilogue soon too bye.

Vote + comment = vomment and please follow me and tell ur friends.