Chapter 32: Forgiving You

Roxas found that he was slowly regaining consciousness. I felt distant, like my heart and mind weren't right. I opened my eyes. I blinked trying to get the blurriness away. My head was drooped down, staring at the floor. I saw that I was sitting in a chair. I still had my normal outfit on.

Had I fallen asleep?

"You're awake." A man's voice spoke.

I lifted my head to see who had spoken to me. I looked up and saw a man with a kind smile. He looked older with a mustache and beard. He wore a white robe with armor underneath, along with tan pants. His dark medium hair was tied up to keep it out of the way.

"Who, are you?" I asked still sounding a bit tired.

His eyes had warmth in them as he stared at me from the head of a long marble table. "My name is master Eraqus. But, you can call me whatever you'd like here."

He's, a master!? But a master of what? Could he possibly be a Keyblade wielder? I've never heard of any others like this...

"Sir... What is this place? I don't really remember what happened, besides being in Twilight Town. How, did I even get here?" I questioned.

I looked around the room, inspecting my surroundings. The room was bright, the sun was streaming in from the open windows. A slight breeze blew, causing them to sway. The floor was white, and the walls were painted a gold color. Leaves were carved into the walls and stone pillars lined the room.

I turned my head and looked down the table. I wasn't alone, there were others sitting there. Members of the Organization. I couldn't tell who they were due to their hoods masking their identity.

What were they doing here? What's going on?

But then I saw the person sitting across from me. I felt like I knew them. It was a girl, in a dark hood.

"I know you, don't I?" I asked.

She didn't reply, but she lowered her head, almost in shame. I felt saddened by this.

Who is this girl? I once knew her, but why not now? Why not anymore? She must feel the same way, right...

"What's going on here?" I demanded, looking into Eraqus's eyes.

He stayed silent for a moment, then he looked back at me. "You're heart, has been lost. It has fallen deeper than the place it lied before. And now it has found its place here, with the rest of us." He spoke sincerely.

I leaned back in my seat. I was too shocked to say anything. I looked down.

"Do you mean to tell me that, I'm... Dead." I said with sorrow.

"In a way, we all are here. Either missing a heart, or leaving the plain of the living... I'm sorry that I have to be the one to tell you." He spoke with sympathy.

My brows creased together in confusion. "No, I'm not dead. I can't be. I was kept in that world for so long. I can't just slip away now."

Master Eraqus placed his hands on the table. "I know it must be stressful hearing this, but everything happens for a reason. This is where you belong now."

I gritted my teeth. "I had a short life from the start. I was created from somebody. I should have a chance of becoming my own person. Having my own heart! Living, my own life..."

He folded his hands. "Roxas, you have to stay calm."

I leaned forward in my seat. "There has to be a way... Tell me. I know there must be some way to get back."

Eraqus let out a sigh. "One should not delve in the things after life."

My face relaxed. "So... There is a way."