Cannibalism?

It was a cloudy day, the streets seemed to be empty, not a sound was heard from outside. Carter had woken up early in the morning and was on her way to school. She walked along the familiar sidewalk that led to the school. Considering the fact she only lived five minutes from the school, she walked every morning on the same dull sidewalk. As she was walking she looked over seeing a car smashed into a pole, and another person dragging the body out. "Maybe I should go help." She whispered softly, but once she took a step toward the car and the people, she realized, the person dragged out of the car was still alive, and the person who dragged the other out, was literally eating them alive! Quickly she ran toward the school, once inside she caught her breath and began walking down the abandon hallways. "What's going on?" She said while walking down the hallway.

When walking down the hallway, she heard a bunch of mumbled voices talking all at once. Carter walked over to the door where the voices were coming from and knocked on the door and yelled "Hello?" Her friend Ethan opened the door and pulled her inside the cramped room. Looking around, she saw a bunch of 7th and 8th graders crying and looking horrified. "W-what's happening?" Carter stuttered. Mr.Moughler, the history teacher, walked over to her and said with a calm voice "Cannabalism. Lots of cannibalism." Carter looked startled but was still curious "Cannabalism? What do you mean? Cannabalism as in humans eating other humans?" Carter questioned. "Exactly that." He responded. Carter stayed silent for a few seconds, then finally looked at Ethan "Why would others eat each other?" She asked confused. Ethan looked at her "People go crazy. I saw a lot of people eating others on my way to school. When I looked closer at one of them, I saw them tearing the guts out of other people! I don't know Carter, I think it's a sickness going around, and we have to stay away from those people." He said with a seriously, concerned look on his face. "B-but if it's just a sickness, can't we cure it?" Carter asked getting scared. "I don't know Carter, I think this might last a while if these crazy people keep biting and spreading the virus."