21. H o n g s e o k . . .

E'Dawn's PoV

Once we finally reached the lab, Y/N looked very pale. Something was wrong. We need Hongseok now.

"Hongseok! Help! Please! Its E'Dawn!" I bang on the door.

"Yeah right! E'Dawn hasn't shown his face around here since we were kids, he's probably dead by now." We could hear him yell lowly behind the heavily protected lab.

"Hongseok, we're going to die if you keep us out here."

"Get lost."

"Hongseok..." Y/N speaks weakly. "Please, I know we don't know each other but we need your help. There might be a way to end this. Just please let us in. We won't hurt you."

There's a long silence until the security system unlocks the gates. We walk in, looking around.

"This place has changed a lot since I've been here." I chuckle lightly. "It was already a nice lab but they upgraded a lot." Suddenly, I feel alone. I look around. "Y/N? Y/N!" I see her on the ground. I run over to her. I pick her up and run to the entrance.

"Hongseok! Please! Help!" I yell as I enter the lab. I make eye contact with Hongseok down the small hall. "Something's wrong with her. Please help." I look at him pleadingly.

His eyes saddens as he looks down at her in my arms. "This way. Hurry!"

I quickly follow behind him to a room that looks very similar to a hospital room. I set her down onto the bed and look over to Hongseok. "What will you do?"

"Run some tests. I may take some blood to test to check for anything severe. It may take some time- WOAHLY FUC- E'DAWN!" He points to the bite on my neck. "You're infected!?" He backs away.

"That's why we came here, I've been infected for a year now, but nothing has happened. I haven't turned. I haven't fed. I think I'm immune. But, I want you to run as many tests on me as you'd like to find out a cure that could end all this and to make me human again, so I can be with her. Please Hongseok. I'm trusting you with my life and hers. I want to protect her and make everything that has gone wrong go away, so she can be happy again."

"Alright. I will do anything in my power to help her and create a serum." He pauses. "You love her?"

"Very much." I smile slightly as I look down at her.

"Good. The Hyojong I used to know thought girls had cooties." He laughs.

I laugh with him. "Do you have a lover?"

He sighs. "I did until those things took her."

"I'm sorry."

"It's alright because once I make a serum, I can bring her back. But, don't go in the room at the end of the hall, she's in there."

I nod. He has her in a room, to protect her from everything around. Smart. That's my best friend! He is a genius!

"You should probably get some rest in the room over there. I'll come get you to show you the results."

I nod and take one look at her before leaving the room.