18. F l o w e r s . . .

Y/N's POV

"You ready?" E'Dawn asked as we faced the edge of the town.

"I think so." I replied, not very sure.

"Let's see if we can find a way of transporting north faster than our legs." He spoke, looking around to see if he could spot any vehicle.

"Come get me if you find anything!"

"Same to you!"

We split up looking for a car, a truck, a bus, anything that could help us get to his friend's place up north.

"Y/N!" I heard E'Dawn call suddenly.

"What? E'Dawn?" I jogged over to where he was. "You OK?"

"Look." He pointed to a specifically grassy area. There were flowers. "I haven't seen fertile soil like this in so long."

I smile and touch the flower. It doesn't feel right.

I frown and look up at him. "E'Dawn. They're fake."

Suddenly he starts laughing.

"What's so funny?" I poke his chest.

He gasps for air to stop himself from laughing.

"I found them in the car over there. I thought it'd be a cute way for me to give you flowers. You know, since there isn't actually any flowers around due to the apocalypse." He shrugged.

"That is actually the cutest thing you've done since this all started. You're adorable!" I hug him and kiss his cheek.

"But in all seriousness, does the car start?" I let him go and walk over to the car.

"The keys are still in the ignition." He wraps his arms around me to prevent me from getting in the car.

I turn around in his arms and wrap my arms around his neck. "You want a kiss, don't you?" I smile.

He nods and leans his forehead against mine.

I smile and connect my lips with his for a few seconds and then refocus on the car.

I open the door and slide into the passenger seat. He sits in the driver's seat.

He turns the key many times, none successfully starting the car.

Finally after some time, it works and the engine roars to life. He steps on the gas and the tires move forward slowly, taking us North little by little. I cheer as we get on a clear road taking us possibly North.