Ferris Wheel

(Kid!Chariot x Kid!Croix)

(Chariot)

I finally did it. I asked Croix on a date.
Kind of.

I wrote her a note and put in her locker, but close enough right?

So here I stand in the middle of the school's annual end-of-the-year fair, hoping Croix will show up.

Then I see her, and my heart races even faster than before.

She hasn't seen me yet, so I take this time to study her pretty face.

Her creased eyes, brows furrowed as she bites her lip in the slightest way you'd almost never notice she was doing it. Except I notice. I notice every time.

She sees me through the crowd, her face softening as she looks a bit more relaxed.

"Hey Chariot!" she greets with a slight wave, her mouth in what appears to be a faint smile.

I blush a bit as I timidly wave back. "H-Hey Croix."

She looks at a slip of paper in her palm for a second before looking back at me.

"So, what did you need to talk to me about?" she asks, referring to the note I wrote asking her to come here.

"O-Oh, it can wait. Do you want to go on some rides?" I ask, trying not to let her hear the break in my voice.

"Sure." she shrugs, shoving her hands into her hoodie pocket.

~~~~~~~~~

We step off the Tilt-A-whirl, giggling and stumbling.

I look around to notice many people were beginning to leave. It would be dark soon.

I would miss my chance.

"I think I should be getting home." Croix says, jerking her thumb over her shoulder in reference.

"W-Wait!" I grab her sleeve, causing her to look at me with a slightly shocked face.

I blush as I realize how close our faces are right now and fight the urge to squeal.

"One more ride? Please?" I practically beg, letting her go.

She giggles. Giggles. At me.

Oh man if I died right now I'd have no regrets...

"Okay." she says, a slight smile tugging the left side of her mouth. "Let's hit the Ferris Wheel."

I pause. I'm terrified of heights. But I was not about to let Croix know that.

"O-Okay..." I stutter quietly as we step into the ride.

The wheel jerks to life, and I gasp and cling onto the side of the seat with my face buried into it.

"Hey, are you okay?" Croix asks softly, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I don't answer. I just shake my head no.

"Are you... scared of heights?" she asks.

I nod slowly, feeling my face burn in embarrassment.

"Then why did you come on this ride?" she asks, moving her hand off my shoulder and adjusting in the seat to face me.

"I wnterd to spun time wiff yur." I muffle into the seat.

"What?" Croix leans closer to hear me.

"I wanted to spend time with you!" I burst, shutting my eyes tight to avoid meeting hers.

"Why me?" she asks after a moment of silence.

I don't know why but I suddenly feel kind of angry because she needed to ask that question.

"Because I like you, you jerk!" I say, opening one eye.

Croix's face turns a dark red, her mouth slightly parted in surprise as she stares at me.

"Well?!" I say, feeling embarrassed and ready to run home to curl up under a rock.

She slowly inches closer to me and I realise what's happening.

She's about to kiss me.

I hold my breath and then bam - Croix Meridies is freaking kissing me.

I kiss back, wrapping my arms loosely around her warm neck.

There's a sudden jerk that forces us apart. The ride stopped.

We look at each other for a second before awkwardly climbing out of the ride.

We walk in silence for a bit, looking anywhere but at each other.

"I had a lot of fun today." Croix finally says, though it's so quiet I almost didn't hear it.

"M-Me too." I whisper back, feeling a smile spread across my blushing face.

"Although, if you really want to spend time with me you only need to ask." she says.

I look over to see a big smirk on her face as my own grows even redder.

"O-Okay." I say quietly.

"Bye, Chariot." she says, kissing my cheek as she turns to leave.

I freeze, bringing a hand to touch where her lips were just moments ago.

"See you at school!" she calls over her shoulder before rounding a corner, out of my sight.

I squeal, throwing myself back onto the grass beneath the shade of a big tree.

I lie there for a while with the biggest grin, staring at the stars and thinking of Croix.