crutch: reddie

inspired by the one and only IzzyT225
lyyy 💕💘💗💝

richies p.o.v:

" ed-eddie i'm scared." i gulped, standing on my two extremely shaky legs. my eyes were wide, my glasses slipping down my nose slick with oils and sweat. but i didn't dare push them back up, if anything tightening my grip on eddies arms further. eddie looked up at me, his eyes locked to mine. but he looked calmer.

" chee i won't let you fall, but you have to pull them down." he said, loosening his grip on my arms a little. my breathing quickened, quickly becoming ragged and uneven. my heart lodged itself in my throat.

" no no no eddie i'm gonna fall!" i cried, my voice cracking midway through the desperate phrase. eddies big eyes widened, much like a doe caught in headlights, and his grip tightened once more. i breathed unevenly through my mouth, my legs trembling further beneath me.

" richie, calm down." eddie said, his voice slightly wavery but ultimately fifty times calmer then mine. my breathing was still heavy and through my mouth, but it slowed and returned to his normal pace. eddie gently ran his thumbs up and down my forearms, not loosening his grip on me. " i've got you."

i sighed, relaxing a little. i shut my eyes momentarily, closing my mouth and taking a deep breath through my nose. i could feel my legs shaking, as i tried to keep my weight on my right leg and on eddie. unfortunately for me, wentworth had fucked up my ankle, making me unable to walk. i'd been staying at eddies house ever since, without sonia knowing of course, but with eddie just the same. and he'd been taking care of me.

unfortunately for the both of us, when i needed to pee, things got a little tricky.

i opened my eyes again, looking down at the floor. i carefully let go of eddies arms, making sure he was holding onto me still. i quickly reached down, my trembling hands pulling my pants and underwear off of my trembling legs.

"h-help me sit, please." i said shakily. eddie closed his eyes,  for my privacy of course, and nodded. he tightened his grip on my forearms, carefully helping me sit down on the toilet. once i was situated, he loosened his grip a little, letting go. i immediately reached out, scared, and gripped his hands tightly in mine "please don't-"

" rich it's okay. i'm here." he said softly. his eyes still closed. i sighed, nodding even if he couldn't see, and loosened my grip on his hands a little. my cheeks flushed lightly at the sound of my pee hitting the water. eddie didn't seem to mind, running his thumbs up and down my knuckles soothingly. when i was finished, i cautiously took one hand away from his and cleaned myself up. i let go with my other hand and carefully wriggled back into my boxers and sweatpants, sitting on the toilet.

" you ready chee?" he asked softly, his eyes still closed. i didn't say anything, simply wrapping my slender hands around his forearms again. he smiled softly, grabbing the other side of my arms and carefully helping me to my feet. i cried out painfully, accidentally putting a little too much weight on my ankle, as i stood up.

" eddie!" i blurted out, afraid once again. my nails dug into the soft flesh on his forearms, almost definitely leaving crescent moon shapes in his tan skin. he didn't seem to notice, a frown forming over his once soft features.

" chee are you okay?" he asked softly, his cheeks slightly red with worry, and his brows drawn together. my heart was erratic and i felt like i'd fall over. my legs were so shaky. my breathing picked up again, and i was once again terrified. " rich, baby, you gotta calm down." he said, gently running his thumbs up and down my arms as he held them. i shook my head, unruly midnight curls flying everywhere. he eventually opened his eyes.

" i-i'm gonna fall!" i cried, tears springing to my eyes. eddie noticed immediately of course, his little fingers wrapping further around my skinny arms.

" baby you won't, i've got you." you said, his calm and steady voice calming my rapid heart immediately. " i promise." my breathing slowed, still audible but steady and even. i took my nails out of his arms, just holding on tightly.

"p-promise?" i stuttered, his eyes wide as i looked down into eddies. he smiled reassuringly, nodding. i sighed, my way of returning my breath to normal afterwards. i looked around the room, my legs extremely shaky, planning how we were going to get out of eddies little bathroom.

that's when eddie let go of one of my arms. i wasn't expecting it, and the weight i'd been leaning on it was gone. pressure was added to my left ankle, causing me to cry out in pain. tears swum in my eyes again, but i dared not let them fall. yet. eddie quickly latched back onto my arm.

" i'm sorry!" i-i was just trying to grab onto your-your waist so that i could carry you back and i-"

" eds, it's o-okay." i said, quietly and shakily. he frowned, looking up into my glossy eyes. i knew he could tell i was close to tears, but he gave me that dignity and didn't say anything about it. " just... w-warn me next time, yah?" he nodded.

" okay... i-i'm letting go now." he said. i nodded, moving the weight that i'd lose once eddies arm was gone onto my right leg. my right leg was extremely shaky, and i felt like it would give out at any moment. i bit my lip, to stop shaky breaths from leaving my lips. his hand left my arm, my arm retracting too. i set it on eddies shoulder instead. he let go of my other arm, all of my weight put onto my right leg. i felt like i'd topple over, so i raised my other hand and set it on his shoulder, my heart beating fast again.

eddie bent over, wrapping one arm around my waist and sliding the other under my knees. my cheeks flushed red at the touch, but i was too terrified and shaky to really pay much attention to it. eddie quickly lifted me up, bridal style, into his little arms.

it still bewildered me that eddie was able to do this. it's not like i was overweight or anything no, in fact i was underweight for my age and height. it's just that i was so tall, and eddie was well, so short. he grunted painfully, his breathing getting audible, as it wasn't easy for him to hold me up. i wrapped my arms around his neck, in fear of falling, as he carefully and quickly stepped out of the room.

we were back in eddies bedroom. he sped over to the bed, leaning over the side and setting me down. i cried out painfully, my ankle getting knocked on the bed. eddies eyes widened, much like a doe caught in headlights again i noted, and carefully let go. i scooted up so that my back was up against the backboard, clenching my eyes shut and baring my teeth. out of pain. i felt a hand slide under my left calf, carefully lifting it and a pillow sliding underneath. my ankle felt relieved, as did i. my eyes fluttered open.

" hey baby." he said, a calm smile playing on his lips. however, i could see the fear and concern in his eyes. he stood beside me, grabbing a small bottle of hand sanitizer from his bedside table. "how're you feeling?" he asked.

" like fucking shit." i said, my voice hoarse from me holding back tears. he frowned, nodding, and flicked open the cap. i extended my hands out towards him, which i was sure we both noted were incredibly shaky. he squirted some of the thick liquid onto my hands, the substance cold. i pulled my hands back, gently rubbing it all over my hands. eddie did the same with his, before setting the bottle down.

" it's okay rich." he said, setting a hand on my shoulder comfortingly. tears fought their way to the front of my eyes again, blurring my vision behind my thick glasses. i looked up at eddie in desperation.

" j-just hold me... please?" i said, my voice cracky and shaky. eddie frowned, worry etched into the soft skin on his face, as he lay down beside me. he carefully wrapped both of his arms around my waist, squeezing slightly. but it wasn't enough.

i set both of my trembling hands on his hips, hoisting him off of the ground. he gasped quietly, but didn't comment. i carefully placed him on my lap, him curling up to me immediately. his arms went around my waist again, mine going around his. he looked into my misty eyes.

" it's okay chee." he said, taking away one arm that was around me. he gently reached up, cupping my face in his tender hand. i immediately lent into the touch, my eyes fluttering open and closed. he wiped a tear off of my cheek, that i hadn't realized had fallen. and i couldn't say i really minded.

as long as eddie was here, i knew.
that it would always be okay.