dance: reddie

tonight you belong to me.

a crackle.

then a pop.

large lanky hands, pale and calloused, with dirt and ash from burnt cigarettes jammed under short grimy nails, settled down on a small waist, skin separated by a soft baby blue tuxedo jacket and its matching undershirt, just as patience & pudence's tonight you belong to me started to fill the little daffodil-coloured room.

thin tan arms, dotted with endless freckles just as stars dotted the night sky, although concealed by the same baby blue material, reached upwards to wrap around the long neck of the same boy with the large lanky hands. said boy was dressed in a lively blush-coloured suit.

the two colours were so different, yet went so damn well together.

the boy dressed in pink slowly began to sway, his hands staying firmly planted on the other's slender waist to guide him to do the same. the boy in the blue suit immediately followed through, shifting his weight from one foot to the other in time with the other boy's, as well as the music floating through the air around them. the boy dressed in blue shut his eyes, thick midnight lashes tickling his peachy cheeks, as he unknowingly leant closer into the other male, until the right side of his face was pressed right to the other's chest. the material of his rosy suit was silky under his warm skin, and the boy in blue could make out the other's gentle heartbeat.

bum.

bum.

bum.

slow and steady, just like the way they danced.

" this is so much better than a stupid school dance." richie, the boy in pink, whispered into the other's chestnut hair. he proceeded to nuzzle his face into it, convincing himself that it smelt of warm cocoa, as he inhaled the sweet and addictive smell. " we don't need those fuckers."

" uh huh." eddie, the boy in blue, mumbled, leaning his entire weight onto richie. his lips, which were the same colour as richie's suit, opened a sliver, as the most blissed out and calmed sigh bubbled from his throat. it floated upwards, meeting richie's ears which were being tickled by eddie's neat hair, making his chapped lips tug upwards until he was grinning giddily. he too shut his eyes, his bulky glasses serving little to no purpose as they slid further and further down his nose, only staying on because eddie's head prevented them from clattering to the floor.

neither boy made a move to remove them, both far too wrapped up in the other to notice or care.

but tonight you belong to me.

richie's hands tightened on the smaller boy's waist. not possessively, no, anyone who would've seen them would know that. it was tenderly, lovingly, reassuringly. letting eddie, as well as himself, know that he had him. he was there. and when eddie's arms fastened around the back of richie's neck and pulled him impossibly closer, he knew that eddie was communicating the same thing.

and tonight

you belong

to me.

...

whoops.

i came back to put up