The Shack

This isn't exactly what I had in mind. Just picture it a little bit mossy and a lot more holes in the roof. But other than that, enjoy!

_______________________________
Drew's POV

        The blob still hasn't moved so I assume that it is just supplies so I make my way out of the hiding spot but as soon as I have it moves. I run back, clutching the knife against my knife, ready for attack. I look through the doorway and notice that it isn't a blob but a girl. Still, she might be a danger to me. I won't let her hurt me.

     In truth, I was terrified. I've dealt with many monsters but none that resembled my own kind. How can they be so cruel? If she really is a human, how dare they bring her here?! How dare they!!

    I was taught that the women were supposed to take care of the household while the men worked and provided for the family. Over the years, women were allowed to work, but only because the men had to go oversees to fight for the country. I am proud that women are allowed to work. They don't just have to work in a kitchen and slave over an oven all day but not everyone agrees. The times are changing but not enough.

    She looked around the exhibit a while and finally spots the shack. She walked towards the shack not knowing that I am inside, like I intended. As soon as she got to the front step, I pounce on her and she  goes flying back, with me on top of her.

     "Get off me!" She screams.
   I hesitated. Maybe she isn't a threat. No, she has to be. Why else would they send her here?I have survived all of the other things that they have put in here, maybe this is just another challenge. She ends up pushing me off of her while I am still clutching my knife. I am too afraid to use it. I have killed many people and monsters but I can't kill her. Not her too. She looks at me and then at what I am holding. She immediately checks her body to see if she has any cuts before she looks at me again.

     "Who... who are you?" I said, hoping she didn't notice the stutter. She kinda looks like she is in a daze. So I say it louder. "I said 'who are you?!'"

      " I heard what you said." She replies in a sweet but sassy tone. Her voice sounds just like silk and I can't help but notice her brown, wavy hair.
"Who are you?"

   " I asked first. Now. Who are you?" I say, pointing the knife towards her. I want to seem threatening; maybe she'll just leave me alone and go back to where she came from, but I know that isn't possible. I have tried way too many times and each time I have failed.

    " I'm Isabella, who are you?" Isabella asks, as she leans against her arms, looking up at me.

     " I'm Drew. What... what species are you?" I say in a shaky voice, again. Dang it! I seriously need to stop stuttering. I hope she didn't notice. Isabella looks at me as if she is confused. Maybe she is confused about me holding a knife against her throats and acting tough but having a shaky voice. I hope she doesn't see me as weak.

     "Umm....what? I'm human. Why? What are you?" She replies, looking as if she is about to roll on the ground laughing. I don't understand why. It's a valid question.

     I realized that I was tense and that I haven't breathed in a while. I exhale, and notice it mix with the air. Every night they do this. It's to save energy for the ship and also a signal that we need to head to our respective chambers, mine being the shack.

    Isabella starts to shiver and like the gentleman that I am, I invite her in. She hesitantly gets up and walks to the shack. I follow in behind her noticing how her wavy hair sways left and right down her mid-back. Her navy blue tank top matches the jeans that she paired with it. I can tell that she has good fashion sense.