Chapter 15

Bella's POV

35 minutes later, I get handed two slices of pepperoni pizza by a small Cokara. It looked like a kid compared to the others.

Thank you, I say.

It nods its head and retreats out the door. I turn and hand drew his slice. We both sit on the cold metal floor, silently eating our pizza.

"When was the last time you had pizza?" I ask, wiping my hands on my pant legs.

"Probably before I got taken. It's been so long that I can't remember." He says, shoving his last bite of sliced heaven into his mouth. "What about you?"

"Probably two weeks before I met you," I say.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"One of the Cokara called you my mate. Was that why I was taken? To be your companion...to be your... fuck Buddy?" I ask, concern leaking it's way into my voice. He chuckles lightly.

"Seriously? Fuck buddy? There are many things wrong with that. First, is that seriously what you call yourselves nowadays?
Second, no, we are not 'fuck buddies.' We aren't even in a relationship. So don't worry about it. Third, I don't know why they called me your 'mate' but that's probably why there are more than one monster in each cage. They probably just picked you randomly."

"They didn't pick you randomly." I counter, moving a strand of hair out of my face.

"And how would you know that?" He says, folding his arms across his broad chest.

"Because why else would you have a letter explaining that there was a reason behind this? Why else would you have tools, photos, and clothes with you? I know one thing and that thing is that I wasn't able to bring my stuff with me. But you did. When I showed up, you had stuff with you. You had your own personal belongings. I had nothing. Nothing!" I shout.

To be truthful, I don't know why I was telling. I don't understand why I was suddenly angry. I just found it weird that he was able to bring stuff with him and I was basically kidnapped. Binging nothing with me.

I had people that cared about me. People that loved me and protected me. Did he have people that cared about him? He had Jerome but he was dead. What about his mom? His dad?

"What are you even angry about? Why are you yelling?" He shouts back. I fold my arms across my chest and huff out a breath of air.

"It just seems a bit weird that you were able to bring things with you even though I wasn't." I say, forcibly calm. I know it's not fair to yell at him for this. Again, I don't know why I am mad.

"Oh so you're mad that I was prepared?!" He says, shouting more at me.

"Why the hell were you even prepared? Who would even prepare to get abducted?!" Seriously, who?

     "Don't you remember? The letter said 'what you will have to face in the years to come.' And then there was the weird stalking thing." He said

     "Weird stalking thing?"

     "Yeah. People were following me and they looked pretty weird."

     "Weird how?"

     "Like they had those weird glowing glasses and they dressed weird with wires and pipes and stuff."

    "Yeah, ok. That's weird." I say, looking into his eyes.

    "I just want to know... why me? There were many other people to choose from. What's so special about me?"