16. is that a Challenge?

Micah kept his promise, he let Ashley shoot his gun. They had lined bottles up and Micah watched as Ashley shot each bottle down, not missing any. Micah wouldn't admit it out loud but he was silently impressed with her accuracy. He sipped at his beer as he watched her using his revolver, she was the only person he allowed to use one of his guns. He just watched her as she furrowed her brow in concentration or when her tongue rested between her teeth when she was lining up a shot, or when she got that little smile on her face when she shot a bottle. When she had shot all of the bottles, she handed the gun back to Micah with a smile. He nodded approvingly as he took the gun back and slid it into his holster.

They had been just on the outside of the camp, and the other members of the camp knew that. They decided to avoid the area while Micah and Ashley were there. Honestly a few people were curious about their new found friendship but nobody felt like angering or annoying Micah, things had been calm in camp recently and they didn't want to ruin that just yet.

After hunting and shooting some bottles, they decided to retire to the fire since it was getting late. Without even communicating with each other, Micah sat down on the floor in front of the fire and lent back against the log behind him, while Ashley sat beside him and lent back against his shoulder. Micah was busying himself with cleaning his gun while Ashley was sharpening her knife and humming to herself. 

"Is that engraved?" Micah asked, grabbing her knife out of her hands.

"Hey! Give it back" she huffed, jumping up onto her knees and reaching for her knife but he just held it away from her.

"I just wanna see what it says" he rolled his eyes as he held the knife away from her.

"Just give it back" she complained, reaching for the weapon again.

"I let you handle my gun, you should let me see your knife" he shrugged, holding her away from him with one arm and trying to read the engraving on the blade but he couldn't get a good look at it without Ashley being able to grab it.

"I will kick your ass, Bell" Ashley warned, trashing against his arm and reaching for the knife again.

"I'd like to see you try, Black" he teased, turning to face her now,

"Just fucking watch me" she warned again, lowering her voice as Micah's face got closer to hers.

"You couldn't kick my ass" he challenged, a smirk tugging at his lips.

"Is that a challenge?" Ashley asked, a smirk appearing on her own face. As Micah's smirk grew and she was sure that she had his full attention, she suddenly reached out again and grabbed the knife from his hand. She quickly pulled the knife away from him and tucked it into her belt as she stood up. She kicked Micah's knee as she walked past him, walking away to her tent.

"Watch yourself, Micah. Ashley doesn't make empty threats" Arthur warned him, some obvious mocking in his tone as he stood in front of him.

"I'm sure I'll be fine, Cowpoke. Don't need to worry about me" Micah huffed as he stood up and dusted his jeans off.

"Oh, we ain't worrying. I would pay to watch Ashley kick your sorry ass" Sean chimed in as he appeared, walking over with a childish grin on his face.

Micah grumbled to himself, shaking his head and ignoring the two men as he walked away from him, pushing past them as headed towards his tent. Once he was away from the irritations of the camp Micah smirked to himself, he would definitely like to see Ashley rise to the challenge and try to win a fist fight with him.

A/N: Sorry for another short chapter, the next one will be worth it. I promise!