35. Opening A Closed Book

Ashley was the first to wake up the next morning, finding it oddly comfortable and secure to have somebody laying on the cot beside her. She hummed as she sat up, Micah's arm laying behind her. She stretched her back before looking over her shoulder to look at the man laying beside her.

Slowly, Micah began to stir, obviously beginning to wake up. He groaned quietly as he rubbed his face, opening his eyes. Once his gaze settled on Ashley, he raised his eyebrows at her, wondering why she was looking at him like that. She just chuckled to herself as she pushed her hair out of her face and turning her body to face him.

"You gonna be a little more subtle today?" Ashley asked, raising an eyebrow at him. Teasing him for the way he acted the previous night.

"I have no idea what you are talking about" Micah hummed, he hands grabbing at her waist.

Ashley laughed quietly as she allowed her self to be manoeuvred, lifting herself up to straddle his hips. His hands roamed her hips and waist, a smirk on his lips that made Ashley roll her eyes but smile anyway.

"Come on, lets go get something to eat" Ashley patted his chest before trying to climb off of the cot, Micah just tightened his grip on her hips and pulled her back down. "God, you are so annoying" she huffed, glaring down at him.

Micah just rolled his eyes at her but ran his hands up her back when she lent down to kiss him. He kissed her back, holding her against him so that her chest was pressed against his. One of her hands resting on the cot beside his head and her other hand cupping his jaw.

"Ash! Are you alright? I've saved some stew for you" Arthur called from outside the tent.

"Fucking Cowpoke" Micah muttered to himself. Ashley just chuckled, covering her mouth with her hand to quiet the laughter.

"Hey, Arthur! I'll be out in a minute" Ashley called back to him as she stood up. "Put some pants on" she whispered as she threw Micah's shirt and pants at him.

Micah just chuckled as he caught the items of clothing and climbed off of the cot, both of you quickly pulling your clothes on. Ashley finished buttoning up her shirt as Micah pulled open the canvas, both of them fully dressed now.

Arthur smiled as he turned to the opening canvas, a bowl of stew in his hand, but his smile fell and confusion fell over his features as he saw Micah standing in the entrance of the tent. The blonde outlaw nodded at him before walking past him, wandering towards the centre of the camp.

Ashley then stepped out of the tent, thanking Arthur as he handed her the stew. "So, they weren't messing with me" Arthur hummed as they both walked towards the campfire together.

"Who was messing with you?" Ashley asked, glancing up at him.

"Nobody apparently. When did you tell the camp about you two?" he asked. A few members of the camp had told Arthur that Ashley and Micah seemed to be involved with each other, but he thought that they were just joking like they usually did about it. So he laughed along and assumed that they didn't actually know the truth.

"We didn't...kinda. Yesterday we agreed that we were going tell people and after we got back from the job last night, Micah made it very obvious. Took Sean a while to understand what was happening but I think he's alright" she explained, chuckling to herself.

"Yeah Sean had talked to me, he...was confusing" Arthur nodded, remembering the conversation with him. Sean had hurried over to Arthur as soon as he saw him, rambling about how Micah was touching Ashley or something like that. He spoke so fast that it was difficult for Arthur to understand.

"Yeah, he speaks really fast when he is emotional" Ashley nodded along, laughing to herself again.

"Anyway, good for you. It's goin' to be really weird, but good for you" Arthur smiled, chuckling as they both sat down in front of the campfire.