20. Jealousy

The two outlaws rode into Rhodes and hitched their horses outside of a store. They hadn't spoken about anything other than collecting the money yet. When they walked into the town Micah instantly suggested that they look for the man in the saloon and when Ashley told him that he wouldn't be in there, Micah decided to go there anyway. Ashley just rolled her eyes as she walked through the town and looked for a man that matched Dutch's description.

Ashley walked through the town and finally found a man dressed in a pristine suit, he checked the time on his pocket watch and looked around like he was trying to find somebody. He was a good looking man with slicked back brown hair and a short clean cut beard. 

"Are you George Daven?" Ashley asked politely with a smile as she approached the well-dressed man.

"I am, and you are?" George nodded with a smile, holding his hand out for her to shake.

"Ashley Black, I work with Dutch van der Linde" she introduced herself and shook his hand. He seemed rather nice and polite.

"Well, it is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Black. But I must ask, what is a beautiful young woman such as yourself doing working with a man like Dutch van der Linde?" Daven asked, throwing a few compliments her way.

"Dutch is a good man" she defended her friend as they let go of each other's hands.

"I know, that's why I am paying him what I owe" he nodded and he slipped his hand into the pocket on his jacket. "Now, I can trust you to get this to him safely, right?" he asked teasingly as he held the cash out to the woman. 

"Of course" Ashley smiled and held her hand out to collect the cash.

"I believe you" he smiled and placed the cash in her hand. "So, this business deal is over?" George asked, a small smile on his face.

"I suppose" she nodded as she slipped the cash into her pocket.

"So it wouldn't be completely inappropriate if I invited you to the saloon for a drink?" Daven asked with a shy smile, and Ashley thought it was sweet that he was a little nervous.

"It wouldn't be inappropriate and I am flattered but-" she smiled, she was about to politely turn his offer down but was interrupted before she got the chance.

"The lady ain't interested" Micah sneered as he walked up to them and stood beside Ashley. She glanced up at Micah to see him glaring at the other man.

"Oh, I'm sorry Miss. I didn't realise that you were spoken for" George politely apologised, he was obviously a little embarrassed about flirting with Ashley now.

"I am not spoken for" Ashley assured him, sending a quick glare in Micah's direction before smiling at George again.

"Oh, I thought-" Daven start to speak, his gaze flickering between Ashley and Micah but was interrupted by the woman before he could finish.

"Well, you thought wrong. I would be happy to get a drink with you" Ashley smiled, stepping towards the well-dressed man.

"Actually, we have to get back before Dutch starts asking questions" Micah practically growled as he grabbed Ashley's wrist and began to pull her way. She tried not to laugh to herself as she followed behind Micah.

"Sorry, goodbye Mr Daven!" Ashley waved as she looked over her shoulder, smiling brightly at the other man.

"Goodbye, Miss Black!" George called as he waved goodbye to her. When she looked away from him, George dropped his hand and gave them a confused look.

Micah finally let go of Ashley's wrist when they reached the horses. She pulled her hand away from him and stepped back, crossing her arms over her chest.