five

Wolfblood

5. Twilight's Last Gleaming

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was woken up harshly after a few hours by Octavia shaking me. When I got to my den a few hours earlier after leaving camp, I was too tired to transform back. I looked around to see Octavia looking in her bag taking out some clothes.

"I'll go outside. Come out when your done changing," she said looking at my wolf body. After she left I transformed back, bones breaking back to normal. I got up and started limping towards the clothes, my body still sore from transforming back to normal. When I was done, I went outside where I saw Octavia sitting on the ground looking at all the bioluminescent plants and trees around my den.

"Octavia, come on," I said calmly. She looked back at me, then back at the trees. She got up and walk towards some glowing flowers, and picked one up.

"They glow like your eyes," she said, smiling my way.

"That's why I picked this den. Because it's surrounded by this." I said, looking around while smiling.

"Whatever. Let's get to camp there might be grounders around," she said.

We both walked to the dropship in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence. It was actually pretty refreshing. When we got there, everyone was working the gate or the fence, and others were sitting next to a fire talking and laughing. I was on my way to the dropship when I heard a loud explosion in the sky. A meteor? No, a smaller version of the dropship.

"Bellamy, get out here!" I hear Octavia shouts, I turn around as Bellamy walks out of his tent without a shirt on. I knew exactly what he was doing in there. I could practically smell sex in the air, thanks to my heightened sense of smell.

Octavia points up at the ship as the parachute deploys from it, exclaiming, "Up there!"

I look at it again, questioning, "Are they coming to help you?"

"Now we can kick some grounder ass!", a boy beside me called Jones states smugly.

Another girl then murmurs, "Please tell me they brought down some shampoo."

"Some new clothes would be nice, too," Octavia murmurs, from next to me.

By this time, Bellamy was planning a call to action, I wasn't sure what he was even going to suggest. I see Bellamy's and a couple of other guys go inside the red tent, me and Octavia quickly rushing over. Bellamy did tell me that people saw me as a leader because I was both strong and scary, so I was going to make my opinion heard and that opinion is that we get to the pod before the grounders have a chance to.

Making our way into the tent, I hear someone say, "If it cleared the ridge, then it's probably near the lake."

"Then we should get moving," I tell them. "Everyone's ready."

With his arms across his chest, Bellamy states, "No one's going anywhere." I raise a brow at him, staring at him in confusion. "Now while it's dark. It isn't safe."

I shake my head, insisting, "We can't just let the grounders get to it first."

"Aura, we're heading out at first light." Glancing at the boy surrounding him, he orders, "Pass the word."

The boys shoot out of the tent, me and Octavia staying in place.

I watch him in complete confusion, offering, "Then we'll just have a smaller group go. Put fewer people at risk." He looks down at the ground, refusing to meet my gaze. "Bellamy, we should be leaving now, okay? The grounders would have been able to see- "