thirteen

Wolfblood

13. We Are Grounders: Part 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we're inside the dropship, I hear Raven's screams as Clarke pressed a hot blade to her side.

Putting the knife down, Clarke explains, "That should stop the external bleeding."

"How did Murphy get a gun?" Finn asked.

Letting out a sigh, Bellamy explains, "Long story."

"We got lucky," Raven croaked out, letting out a soft groan. "If Murphy hit the fuel tank instead of me, we'd all be dead."

"Wait, there's rocket fuel down there?" Clarke questioned. When Raven nodded in response, Clarke asked, "Enough to build a bomb?"

"Enough to build a hundred bombs," Raven corrected, and my eyes widened. "If we had any gun powder left."

I was looking at the drawings in Lincoln's book when Bellamy cut in, "Let's get back to the reapers. Maybe they'll help us. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?"

"Not this enemy. They're in the mountain men's influence. Trust me, it's not an option." I say, looking around to see everyone looking at me in question. "Don't ask."

"There's no time for this. Can she walk or not?" Finn urged.

"No, we have to carry her," Clarke informed us.

"Like hell, you will. I'm good to go," she tried to assure us, letting out a pained groan as she struggles to get to her feet.

"Listen to me, that bullet is still inside you," Clarke informed Raven. "If by some miracle, there's no internal bleeding, it might hold until we get somewhere safe. But you are not walking there. Is that clear?"

"For now, I think I can help with the pain," I said, grabbing her hand, groaning as most of her pain came to me, black veins revealing on my arms.

"Why am I not surprised?" Bellamy sighs.

"I'll get the stretcher," Finn states, turning to leave the dropship.

"Can't run away fast enough, huh?" Bellamy pointed out. "Real brave."

"Dying in a fight you can't win isn't brave, Bellamy, it's stupid," Finn replied.

"Spoken like every coward who's run from a fight," Bellamy added.

"All right, that's enough," Clarke snapped. "It's time to go."

"If they follow, it's one hundred and twenty-mile walk to the ocean." Bellamy began.

"Look, we're wasting time," Finn snapped. "If he wants to stay, he can stay." And with that, he stormed out of the dropship.

Looking at Clarke, I say, "No, he can't. If we leave, we don't leave anyone." Then turning to Bellamy, I added, "You know I don't want to leave either, but from what I see, you guys are definitely not ready for the grounders. I have been hiding, killing, running from them my whole life, all because they think I'm some monster that shouldn't be alive. We can't do this without you, Bellamy."

"What do you want me to say, Aura?" he asked, looking down at me.

"I want you to say that you'll go with everyone," I told him, grabbing his hand. "That you're not going to stay back here and get yourself killed. And you will die if you do. They are too strong for you to deal with by yourself. Those kids out there, they listen to you."