fifteen

Wolfblood

15. Jus Drein Jus Daun: Part 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome, Sky Crew," Lexa said before gesturing to the room. "Join us."

We were standing in the middle of a tent, deciding to go over the plan once more with everyone to make sure that everything goes according to plan. I stood next to Lexa as we watched Sky Crew enter the tent, looking around the room.

We watched as Miller's dad, David Miller, approached us, and I said, "Sergeant."

"Aura." he greeted before pulling something out of his bag. "Package from Raven. Hydrazine. She said it would do the job."

"Good," Clarke said, nodding.

"And, uh-" he continued. "-your mother wanted to be here too."

"I know. But the wounded in Tondc need her more." Clarke said, and he nods before walking to stand with the rest of his people.

"Field commanders, today's the day we get our people back. The enemy thinks it's safe behind its doors, but it's not. When it realizes that, it will fight back. Hard. We need to be ready." Lexa told everyone before looking at Clarke to continue.

"This is a rescue mission. We are not here to wipe them out. There are people inside that mountain that have helped us. Children who have nothing to do with this war." Clarke said, looking around the room before nodding to me.

"We kill their soldiers, their leadership if we have to, but we are there to rescue our people," I told them.

"Is that clear?" Clarke questioned, and there was chatter around the room. "Then let's begin. There are 4 teams. Two of them at the dam and in the mine are moving into position already. The third, inside the mountain, is freeing the Grounder prisoners as we speak. It is our job as the fourth team to keep the eyes of the enemy off of them for as long as possible. To do that, we have to be in position here at the main door with our entire army."

"The mountain men believe that the doors can't be opened from the outside, so no one guards it." I began. "But thanks to our source on the inside of the mountain, we know how to do just that."

"According to Maya, the electromagnetic locking system has one flaw. When the power goes out, it disengages. And that's where Raven's team comes in. The mountain's electricity is generated at Philpott Dam." Clarke explained, walking around the room. "By now, they've taken the turbine room. It's their job to blow the power. Once they do, we blow the lock."

"There is a catch." I started before Clarke could continue. "A backup generator inside the mountain."

"If the lock is still functioning when that backup power kicks in, we'll never get that door open. Clarke said before she added, "We'll never get our people back."

"How much time do we have until the backup power kicks in?" David asked Clarke.

"One minute," Clarke replied. "That's the window."

"Small window. Why don't we just take out the backup generator too?" Sgt. Miller questioned. "Bellamy's inside. Have him do it."

"Leaving them without power that long would kill them all. And as I said, that's not the mission." Clarke told him.

"Besides, we lost contact with Bellamy," I said worriedly.

"What? We did? When?" Monroe asked, quickly.