The Prince, the Princess and the Dragon (Jonerys)

Note: The JonSa Part for this Story can be found in the JonSa Book (Once Upon A Time)

"Jon told me a lot about you, Bran." Daenerys smiled when she placed a hand on Bran's shoulder.

The boy in the bed had his eyes closed. The constant beeps of the machines monitoring if he was still alive or not didn't manage to chase away the silence. A boy his age should be running around and screaming, should be playing with his friends and should go on adventures. But now his last adventure had gone wrong it was unsure if he would ever open his eyes again.

"He told me that you were brave and smart and that you were the best climber in the world."

"Are." Jon whispered, but his lips formed a straight line. "You are brave and you are smart and you are the best climber in the world." Jon reached for Bran's hand and squeezed it. "And when you'll wake up you'll tell us what happened so we can find whoever did this to you."

When Jon had first told her that the Starks didn't believe Bran had simply fallen of that roof, Daenerys had tried to argue with him. She had told him that even the best climbers could fall all of a sudden. Maybe it had been a bird bothering him. Or maybe his hand had simply slipped away and he hadn't been able to correct it.

But Jon had firmly shaken his head and had almost yelled that Bran had never fallen before and would never fall. Jon was certain someone had pushed him and he couldn't wait to find out who so he could go after them.

"I do hope we can properly meet soon, Bran." Daenerys stepped away from the bed.

The sheets were too white, just like the walls. Not even the million get better soon cards could chase away the horrible smell and atmosphere that seemed to belong to the hospital.

But instead of walking away from his brother and leaving the smell and atmosphere behind, Jon sat down on the edge of the bed and kept on holding onto his brother's hand. "I know you're already asleep, but I came up with another bedtime story. I thought you'd wanna hear it."

Daenerys raised her eyebrows, but then she shrugged and sat down on an uncomfortable small wooden stool. She folded her hands in her lap and tried to make herself as invisible as possible, almost feeling as if she was witnessing a private moment not meant for her.

"Once Upon A Time..." Jon cleared his throat and straightened his back. "A young prince was practicing his sword fighting skills in a meadow, far away from his castle and all alone. The trees surrounding him were hardly a match for him, because his brothers had taught him well. But after a while the young prince grew bored with the trees and wandered further and further away from home to find something else to fight, something way more exciting."

Daenerys cocked her head and her lips curled up into a smile when Jon's soothing voice chased away the endless monotonous beeping and the lack of laughter.

"It was then that he discovered a tower. The tower was surrounded by darkness and there was no door. Only at the very top seemed to be a small window. When the prince stood still to watch the tower he heard a soft voice, a soft voice screaming for a knight brave enough to save her from the horrible dragon guarding her."

After that last sentence Daenerys rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Why do men always think that princesses need saving and that dragons are bad?" She murmured and Jon turned around to look at her.

"Did you say something?" He locked his glance with hers and the frown on his forehead deepened.

For a short second Daenerys contemplated just keeping her mouth shut, but then she realized that if she kept her mouth shut now, Jon would probably never stop telling stories about poor damsels in distress and so called brave men saving them from poor dragons. "I wondered why men always think that princesses need saving and that dragons are monsters."