4: Darkness Rising

Kyle looked up to the scanner pod. Could this really work? He wondered? Could this really get him there? He had no other choice but to try. He stepped into the scanner.

"Alright, I'm in the scanner." Kyle said. "I'm ready."

"Alright. Here we go. Cross your fingers, Kyle, and prepare for a wild ride." The scanner made a soft hum, then Kyle was bathed in a bright light.

"Transfer Kyle..."
He then felt his body float in midair, as it went through the sequence.
"Scanner Kyle..."

The hum of the scanner pod grew louder, then, suddenly, there was a blinding rush of air around him as he heard Micheal say the last phrase:

"Virtualization!"

Meanwhile, at Kadic...

Jeremie awoke to an alert blaring from his computer. He got up, and looked at it groggily.

Then he snapped awake, looking at the data the computer was sending him. He did a double take, then checked the systems to make sure what he was getting wasn't a false alarm.

It wasn't a false alarm. Someone had re-activated the Supercomputer!

He whipped out his cell phone and called the others.

At that time, in Digi-world...

File Island...

The meadow on file island was peaceful. Tall grass and flowers dotted the landscape, surrounded by strange trees. Then, there was a rushing of wind, the grass waving rapidly in every direction.

Kyle's body started to materialize. Arms, legs, feet, body... He then landed on the ground. He looked around. Everything seemed like it was alright.

That's when he noticed his clothes had changed. He was now dressed in a red trench coat with stylish clothes underneath. He had a sword on his back with a skull in the hilt, and felt two guns in his coat! He was also wearing an amulet around his neck! That's when he remembered: The supercomputer read into the subconscious when virtualizing! It must have based his virtual appearance from his favorite video game hero, the demon slayer Dante from Devil May Cry 3!

"Kyle, can you hear me?" Micheal said.

"Loud and clear." Micheal said. "I'm in some sort of field, next to a forest..."

"We've got your position. We have a.. hologram of Digi-world. on the projector!" Kev said. "All I can say is... wow!"

"Good." Kyle said. "I'm going to do some scouting, see if anything has..."

At that moment, there was a loud snapping of trees. Kyle whirled around to see the trees snapping in half as a gale went through the nearby area! Then he saw Exveemon fly through the trees, landing near him. He looked beat up.

Kyle then looked up, and saw there was a boy about his age running towards Exveemon. "Exveemon, get up!" He yelled. "You have to get up!"

Kyle looked back to Exveemon's direction, and saw who he was fighting against! It was BlackWarGreymon! He flew up, and stomped down on Exveemon's stomach. Hard. Exveemon had the air knocked out of him!

"Forget what I said about scouting, we've got trouble! Kev, get your butt to the scanner! I'm gonna need backup!" Kyle then drew his pistols and fired at BlackWarGreymon, the impact of the bullets knocking him off of Exveemon! He was surprised, as the blasts from both pistols made the Digimon recoil and stumble!

After Kyle stopped his barrage, BlackWarGreymon looked over to him. The rage in his eyes turned to surprise!

"Today's Special: Kill a'la kill with a side of possible dismemberment! An eye for an eye, you heartless ghoul!" Kyle spun the pistols in his hands, then rapidly started to pop off shots like no tomorrow! BlackWarGreymon had to put up the shield from his back to deflect the bullets. Once Kyle stopped firing, BlackWarGreymon charged. Kyle managed to jump out of the way, seeing Stingmon fly by, trying to land a strike on their opponent. Kyle then saw another human run into view out of the corner of his eye.

# # # # #

"Davis, are you alright?!" Ken asked running up.

"Yeah, but I'm not sure how long we can hold him! How far away are the others?" Davis asked.

'"About five minutes." Ken then noticed the guy in the red overcoat with the guns and sword fighting BlackWarGreymon. "Who's that?" He asked in surprise.

"Dunno, but he seems to be on our side!" Davis said.

That's when wind howled around them! Another human appeared out of this air, in the reverse of digitizing! He looked like he was from the fallout series! He was wearing an armored blue and yellow jumpsuit, with the number five on the back! He was armed with a sawed-off double barrel shotgun, an SMG, and an assault rifle over his shoulder!

"Kyle!" He shouted. The new guy then looked at his outfit. He smiled. "SWEET!"

"Yeah, yeah, you look bad-ass, Kev!" Kyle said, blocking BlackWarGreymon's swiping claws with his sword. "Now give me a hand over here!"

Kev got out his SMG, and fired several long bursts from it, running forward! BlackWarGreymon was caught off guard, and stumbled. Kyle took advantage of the distraction, and charged, swiping his sword across BlackWarGreymon's arm, the gauntlet shattering into pieces! BlackWarGreymon howled, and Kyle then noticed how deep his sword had went! BlackWarGreymon was bleeding!

Wait... Bleeding?! How is that possible?! Kyle thought. Control-spire Digimon don't bleed! They're not real!

BlackWarGreymon looked over to Kyle, and charged at him again! Kyle knew he would need more firepower than just the pistols this time! He quickly reached behind his overcoat, and thought about the twin-barrel sawed-off shotgun Dante also used! Then, he was holding it! He pointed the twin-barrel at Blacwargreymon, and fired! The blast from the shotgun threw BlackWarGreymon onto his back! Kyle wasn't surprised. Dante's shotgun packed quite a kick anyway.

Kyle turned to Kev as BlackWarGreymon got back up. "KEV! YOUR ASSAULT RIFLE!"

"Oh yeah! I forgot about it!" Kev got out his assault rifle, and readied it for action, loading a clip of explosive bullets just as BlackWarGreymon started to fight with Kyle again! Kyle had switched to another weapon, the Beowolf gauntlets, and engaged BlackWarGreymon up-close and personal! Dodging and Blocking his attacks!

"Kyle, you need to get out of my line of fire!" Kev said. "I don't want to hit you!"

Things just got worse when Exveemon and Stingmon got into the scuffle! There were too many friendly targets in the area, and Kev wasn't one for friendly fire! Oh, what to do? He thought. He looked at the Pip-Boy 3000 on his wrist, and that's when it hit him! The Pip-boy's VATS Targeting computer! That was it! That could help him in this situation! He hit the series of buttons on it as he held up the screen, marking BlackWarGreymon only! Kev then hit the final button, and activated the VATS targeting system, then unleashed hell with weapons fire, the bullets exploding on impact! BlackWarGreymon was stunned again, and Kyle took advantage of the moment, switching back to his Rebellion Sword! He charged in and swiped the blade across his chest this time, leaving a deep gash in his armor, but not enough to break through the armor!

BlackWarGreymon knew he was outclassed! He took to the skies, flying away!