Chapter 15: Back in Daegu

Naeun's POV

I've been trying to escape from Hoseok, but it's always ended up as a failed attempt.

So I gave up, making him at ease at controlling my movement. Now we're in a taxi, and I don't even know where we're heading.

Hoseok handed me a hotdog, as I looked down to my favourite food. I looked out to the window, still playing hard on him.

"Just take it," he shoved the hotdog to me, as I turned my head to him, glaring at him.

"I'm only taking this for the sake of my stomach," I said, grabbing the hotdog.

Within seconds, I finished the hotdog, and Hoseok had his eyes staring at me, accompanied by his sweet smile.

"I told you not to skip breakfast this morning," he chuckled.

"Shut up,"

He shook his head at my remark, shifting his attention back to his phone screen.

"Where are we going?", I asked him, as I looked out to the window, and it is currently snowing outside.

"Since you've starved for a few hours, we'll go get some food first.", he said, smiling warmly at me before shifting his attention back on the busy road.

The taxi pulled over in front of a restaurant, as Hoseok paid the taxi fee, and we both got out of the car.

Approaching the entrance, Hoseok laced our fingers together, swaying our intertwined hands back and forth happily.

As soon as we walked in, I pulled my hand out of his, as I looked up to him who had a confused look on his face.

"Don't touch me,"

He just stared at me blankly, as I walked towards a vacant table of two. He trailed behind me, and we placed our orders.

While waiting for the orders, it was rather silence compared to how we used to fool around with each other, laughing like there's no tomorrow.

Hoseok cleared his throat, as he fixed his sweatshirt. He looked up to me with his pleading eyes.

"Naeun-ah,"

"Stop it, Hoseok. All you have to do is just accept that we're not meant to be.", I said to him, suddenly at the urge of tearing up.

"But, Naeun...I didn't do that to her. Can't you trust me?", he pleaded.

I looked away from him, blinking my tears away, before gazing back at him. "It's hard for me too, Hoseok. I don't even know if all of this thing is true, but I'm not sure if you are wrongly accused either. But I think I've come up with a solution,"

"What is it?"

"I guess we should just be back into...strangers,"

His eyes widened at my suggestion, and he shook his head keenly. "No, that's not going to happen.", he disagreed. "I love you, Naeun."

"Well...if you do love me," I paused, as a single drop of tears slipped out of my eye.

"Forget me,"

He looked surprised, as soon as he noticed me crying, and he looked hurt as much as I am.

I stood up from my seat, as I walked towards him, "Thank you for everything, Hoseok. I appreciate it,"

And with that, I walked out of the restaurant, wiping my tears off my face, and despite hearing him calling out for me, I didn't look back, because if I do, I wouldn't be able to walk away anymore.